The Sankyo OMS880 STEREO

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:07 pm

Although I have had many film shows since I bought this machine and had it all sorted by the mighty Bill Parson, thread here,

Bill Parsons, A Huge Thank you. The Sankyo OMS880 STEREO

I havnt actually used it much more than a couple of hours, so today to remedy this, I put the Elmo and Bauer on the shelf and covered them up and set up this superb little machine and gave it a quick run up with the Shindlers list trailer.
Paul Browning's described these as little sumo's, and it really is, a solid and well packed lump with excellent sound and now with the Sankyo High pro lens fitted, the image is first class. From the same distance from the screen, our Elmo and Bauer zoom way over the screen size so obviously they fill the screen, this one however, on full zoom fills 4/5ths of the screen but this doesn't bother us as the high contrast and sharpness of the lens is very good indeed and makes up for the slightly smaller screen image. As already mentioned on the other thread, this is the next level up to the UK's Sanyko 800 but these were only made for the Japanese market as far as I know and it has the added addition to having optical sound as well as magnetic, there is a host of other extras but much of it I will sadly never use, mainly the recording facilities. But the sound via my old pioneer amp is outstanding, as it has elmo GS1200 heads it way up with the best projector's.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: The Sankyo OMS880 STEREO

#2 by Mark Mander , Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:50 am

Very nice Tom, I like the Sankyo machines,enjoy!! Mark

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157