Cineworld almost certain to go

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:20 pm

I think the writing was on the wall with this.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/forum...t-night/page100

Here in Plymouth they built a huge Cineworld multiplex which only opened about a year before the pandemic before that closed everything down so this was a double blow.
I myself never went in there as the VUE, (just a half a mile away) was only charging 4.99 to see a movie.
All the magic left the cinema years ago, today everything is digital, there's no curtains that close and open as the shows start and end, among other things gone, but most importantly, the films are crap. Unless you like super hereo or Star Wars films there is very little else to watch. All the new films have to match up to diversity rules to please the sappy people so directors have their hands tied.

Anyone who has watched the sky series, The Movies, (by CNN) which had the decades in two parts, should notice that once you get past the 90s, you can immediately see the decline in quality of the films.
Clearly the 60s through to the 90s were by far the best, but get to 2000 onward, aside a few very good ones, often made by the old school, there's is very little to attract people to an evening out at the flicks. If you do go, your likely to be interrupted by some half wit talking all the way through or other morons lighting the place up with their mobile phones. I feel sorry for the people who work at these complexes, but i for one, wont miss it.
Perhaps the film makers need to start making films people want to see.

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Cineworld almost certain to go

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:55 pm

If Cineworld goes Tom you can always go to the new Everyman cinema opening end of June me thinks.Only £11.00 plus per ticket plus food and parking for two ,not much change out of £50.oh of course isn’t Everyman a subsidiary of the Cineworld setup?
You are right Tom there is very little worth seeing at the cinema unless you’re into superheroes or horror,mind you I did go see the last John Wick film,a bit too long but great fun on a rainy day😁😁.
As you say must not upset anyone,woke rules,did enjoy “Blazing Saddles “ on tv last night.Must be an age thing.

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Cineworld almost certain to go

#3 by Mark Mander , Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:09 pm

I've been to see two films recently at the cinema and both were pretty awful, it seems they are making films just for the sake of it, poor story and abruptly end, the trailers really were the best part,Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Filmguard, not quite what we are told
Just booked my tickets for the BFCC

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor