The funniest show on Earth. The Oscars 2023

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:01 pm

Well, what can i say about the Oscars other than, hahahahaha.
One of the winners was the first ever Asian female etc etc, it wasn't political then. They have to make that point dont they, where they come from or are descended from doesn't need to be mentioned, it's irrelevant but when you watch news coverage all they talk about is how it's the first Asian actress to win this award.
No one I know has seen the film "everything everywhere all at once", no one I know is interested in seeing it and hardly anyone's even heard of it.
Top Gun Maverick with it's top actors, action and excitement and box office earnings got shafted at the Oscars.

The biggest load of trash of a show I have ever seen, Still, they did make sure they ticked all the right boxes.
I think it's time this shower of a show was now banned. People dont seem to win awards on merit anymore.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Greg Perry and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: The funniest show on Earth. The Oscars 2023

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 pm

Oh Tom,how wrong you are, how can you disagree with those in the know a film with title so long so eye catching I have forgotten it already.
Further I hate to say this but the wife and I “saw” this film earlier last year we were both overcome with confusion and the utter rubbish up on the screen,we lasted twenty minutes and left,the screen was now empty .
I think the award system has lost its way,when actors dress to outdo one another or the films themselves,awards are given to the films where there is no story must be as Woke as possible,and the content must tick every correct box.
In my opinion All Quiet On The Western Front will be the only film remembered from this year shambles.

Martin Dew likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:27 am

I was reading a similar post on the other channel, funny when you see people get rattled, one of the posters for some reason, is rabbiting on about how crap the carry on films are. The carry on films were never awarded Oscars so I dont see the guys point. My point regarding this years so called winner, is that it was nominated for 11!!!!! And when i read utter nonsense about it like this quote,
"The indie hit, A24's second best-picture winner following "Moonlight," won seven Oscars in all. Fifty years after "The Godfather" won at the Oscars, "Everything Everywhere All at Once" triumphed with a much different immigrant experience".
This says it all, the only thing that counted was the sappy judges had to make sure they gave a load of awards to a certain agenda.
How can you compare trash like this to big winners like the Godfather, Ben Hur and Gone with with the wind is beyond believe.
I wonder if Jamie Lee Curtis had any influence somewhere to make sure it was pushed to the top?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am

Bearing in mind that the poster on the other channel comes from "A Land Down Under",the thought that a Carry on Film has anything to do with oscars/awards is not worth entertaining.
But when you consider the first Carry on was in 1958 ,the last in the early 1990's with some thirty films under the Carry on belt,the films come up for sale on 8mm and 16mm quite often at a good price,one wonders if this years Oscar winner will be remembered by the end of this year.
Hopefully the general public will vote with their dollar,the remaining few big studios need to find a way to get the public back to watching the big screen and not trying to con us to watching the rubbish that was this years winner

Greg Perry likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

A new podcast episode with an interview with Mark Williams and John Clancy about the BFCC
“The biggest load of bull****”

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor