The latest film collecting magazines...

#1 by Greg Perry , Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:10 pm

I am very late in making forum posts here, but did want to share these publications from this Fall....

Reel Deals - This is an Australian publication from Mike Trickett. A fascinating article about homemade film equipment (cameras and projectors), the 8.75 mm Chinese film projector, and much more. There is always something new and unique in each issue.

Projections - Published by Pete Travers. Interesting columns from Brian Saberton, David Welford, Simon McConway, Eddie Goodwin, Colin Tolman, and "News, Views, & Reviews" by 'Uncle' Bob Nicholls. This is a first-class publication and always very informative.

Film Collector - Published by Phil Sheard and Classic Home Cinema. Issue #33 discusses Hitchcock and his films, the history of Walton Films, Doris Day and her films, and a fun article on the scary beach movies of the 1950's and 1960's. A well-done full-sized publication.

As I have said before, it is a most welcome surprise to see one of these show up in my mailbox. Maybe you would like to subscribe to one or more yourself?

Eivind Mork likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Last edited 11.06.2022 | Top

RE: The latest film collecting magazines...

#2 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:05 pm

It's good to see there are still magazines dedicated to our hobby.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

sad news from derann
Blackpool

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor