Random shorts showings and time to move many on.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:06 pm

Going through many films to move on and accelerating the speed in which im getting rid of what now appears, (sadly) to be an increasing number of films i can no longer enjoy due to them fading or simply, items i bought and i've reached an age where i'm wondering why!!
Not all of what im putting in this thread which i will add to, is going to be sold, Many will be films i havnt seen in a very long time. I take my hat off to collectors who say they have never sold any films since they started collecting, but for me it just seems pointless to end up with a load of faded films which no longer bring the same viewing enjoyment they did when we bought them ,many years ago. Hopefully the ones we decide to move on will allow other collectors to continue enjoying them for some time to come.
Tonight i viewed for one last time before letting it go was the U8 Frank Langella version of Dracula, this one is on a full 800ft reel as it contains added scenes from the 400ft version.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, 400ft,
Yankee Doodle Dandy, 400ft b/w sound,
Bride of Frankenstein, 400ft U8 version.
Last is a 200ft reel which years ago i cut from an incomplete feature called From Nashville with Music. I had two parts only and i think i paid around £10 for it. A terrible film where the only thing that was worth keeping was this 200ft, no titles just two songs from the brilliant Marty Robbins, "Hello Dailey news" and "singing the blues", and finally Charley Pride "The Crystal chandelier" which in my view is the best version of the song.
[[File:IMG_1262.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1267.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1269.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1270.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1277.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1278.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1279.jpg|none|auto]][[File:IMG_1280.jpg|none|auto]]

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

It's coming...The Independent 8 Christmas Quiz 2022
Brian Murphy is 90 today

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor