National Cinema Day...September 3rd

#1 by Greg Perry , Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:30 am

It sounds like both the US and the UK will be having a "National Cinema Day" on Saturday September 3rd. Admission tickets for select movies will be $3 US (not sure what the UK rate will be). I think I may have been a teenager the last time I paid $3 bucks for a movie ticket! I may have to go just to experience it one more time!

Of course, who knows if the soda and popcorn prices will be increased to offset the low ticket price. It matters not to me as I don't get the overpriced crap anyway. At 90% of movie theaters here in the US, the popcorn is nearly inedible, and who needs a liter of soda either....

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Martin Dew

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: National Cinema Day...September 3rd

#2 by Greg Perry , Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:07 pm

It sounds like "National Cinema Day" with the cheap tickets was really popular here. Most showings sold out completely. Things may have been helped that this is a three day weekend. Monday is "Labor Day" so most of us have it off from work, and a lot of schools reopen for the kids the day after Labor Day...one last bit of fun before hitting the books maybe? I did not get out to the cinema myself as still trying to catch upon chores here...

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Selling my collection
"Way Out West" Super 8 Print : Your point of view

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor