Cineworld probable Bankruptcy

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:18 pm

This is a lot of cinemas to close if it happens. Trouble is, here in Plymouth, they charge a minimum 10.20 for a seat, the VUE is a low as 3.99, regular seats, 6.99. The two cinema complex's are half a mile apart so it isn't rocket science in this town as to where to go.

I rarely go to the pictures these days thanks to all the dickheads that go and munch and rustle their way through a movie as well as lighting the place up with their poxy mobile phones, it seems these days a lot of todays cinema goers have the attention span of a goldfish. It boils my blood when the tosser on the phone is in front, and rustle of sweets is behind you. So unless it's something special, i dont go, even worse, Hollywood put out so much utter crap there's not much around worth putting myself out for.

As i've never been to a cine world, i for one wont miss it. It's very sad for all those who stand to lose jobs but hopefully, another chain may buy some of the cinemas that do make profit.
Perhaps the film makers should start making proper films that appeal to all audiences again instead of one PC marvel comic crap movie after another.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 08.19.2022 | Top

RE: Cineworld probable Bankruptcy

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:34 pm

If Cineworld go then I wonder if Picturehouse will also go as they are part of the same group.The only good thing about the Plymouth cineworld was it had digital 70mm but the seating was poor.
I did go and see Bullet Train yesterday,well I wish I had not in my book I’m afraid it was awful,extremely violent with the worst story line ever.Anyway that’s my opinion each to his own as they say.
As Tom says there is nothing really worth going to see,and judging by the trailers I saw yesterday it could be a while till I go again.
Things ain’t what they used to be.

Del Phillipson likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Cineworld probable Bankruptcy

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:12 pm

Thats for sure Gwyn, to bee honest, the way all Hollywood films have to include all this diversity and PC nonsense, the last James Bond film proved that, 99% of all the best films ever will already have been made over the previous years. Lets hope some independent film company's come up trumps and save the day from the mainstream nonsense. Give people a good reason to go to the pictures.

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Big Screen Revival 2022
The new releases debate is re opened

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor