Genevieve

#1 by Eivind Mork , Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:36 pm

Super 8, 600', color and sound.

I bought this Derann release at this year's Blackpool convention. They showed this at Blackpool in 2019, and that was the first time I saw it. So this will remind about Blackpool for sure :-)

I really liked the cut down which I found to be very good. The story is quite simple and is very suitable as a cut down: Two friends (or are they really friends?) join a car rally to London for very old classic cars. The race quickly turns into an internal competition between the two with increasingly dirty methods.

It was a very good print with few faults and good colors.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Greg Perry, Mark Mander and Del Phillipson

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Genevieve

#2 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Eivind, that looks like a new print. Defiantly one of those films that i think would work better as a good half hour version. I have only seen this once on the TV many years ago but never found a good 600ft copy, they were always sold before i got there.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Genevieve

#3 by Mark Mander , Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:17 am

Well done Elvind, it really is a good cutdown and captures the film brilliantly, the rivalry between the two characters is funny too. These prints do suffer from soft focus though which was a shame from Derann, most suffer but its still worth a watch, Mark

Eivind Mork likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

First Christmas film show
It's in the Air 600ft

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor