2021 Halloween Viewings

#1 by Don Cunningham , Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm

The Texas weather on Saturday night proved to be just right. Crisp air with a fire going. Built up a reel of Halloween related shorts for the first reel and a pre-assembled 2nd reel. First up were the Three Stooges in SPOOK LOUDER, then on to the Silly Symphony EGYPTIAN MELODIES, and the reel ended with The Little Rascals in SPOOKY HOOKY. Reel 2 contained THE SKELETON DANCE and LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.

Now, all the shorts on reel one have been in my archive for at least the past year, but this was the first time projecting them. All were nice, sharp, and clean. Reel two has been screen annually and SKELETON causes issues when running, although much better than previous runs after I repaired splices. SLEEPY HOLLOW is the complete segment, but is red. Luckily, I had filters on hand and once they went onto the lens, PRESTO! It brought back color. Not a complete solution, but much better than looking into a jar of beets.

The family enjoyed it and it is always good to hear my teenage boys laughing.

Attached pictures:
20211016_204054.jpg  

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Tim Duncan, Gwyn Morgan and Vidar Olavesen

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

Last edited 10.18.2021 | Top

RE: 2021 Halloween Viewings

#2 by Greg Perry , Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm

Don,

This is great! A very nice mix of fun films there. The Ichabod print looks more than decent with the filter. Putting together a show for others to view is really a lot of fun to do.
Thanks for posting these pics. A good reminder for the rest of us to take a look through our shelves for a few Halloween-related titles to view.

The following members like this: Don Cunningham, Tim Duncan and Tom Photiou
Don Cunningham sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Don Cunningham , Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:52 pm

Quote: Greg Perry wrote in post #2
Don,

This is great! A very nice mix of fun films there. The Ichabod print looks more than decent with the filter. Putting together a show for others to view is really a lot of fun to do.
Thanks for posting these pics. A good reminder for the rest of us to take a look through our shelves for a few Halloween-related titles to view.

Thank you, Greg. It was a lot of fun, and very spur of the moment. The weather was just right. IF it stays nice, maybe a feature film this coming weekend!

Tim Duncan likes this

Don Cunningham
ThankYou 33

#4 by Tim Duncan , Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Those selections are some that I would have enjoyed myself Don! I don’t have anything Halloween related except for some silent 8mm reels. But I AM prepared for Christmas! :-)

The following members like this: Don Cunningham and Greg Perry

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

#5 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 pm

A very nice mix of films for Halloween Don.
Not too sure what i will put on but like Tim, im looking forward to the Christmas films again, (only seems like a few weeks since the last Christmas).

The following members like this: Don Cunningham, Greg Perry and Tim Duncan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#6 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Very nice Don something a bit different and a treat for the family.
Like Tim I don’t have anything in the Halloween mould but these films certainly look fun.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Don Cunningham and Tim Duncan

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#7 by Don Cunningham , Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:28 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. I need to beef up my Christmas/holiday films as I have only three. Halloween on the other hand is my wife's, and my own, favorite holiday. I guess that is because the Texas heat tends to finally give out to crisp autumn air...and her birthday is on the 27th of October.

The best part of all of this is that my two youngest sons (13 and 15) become more interested in film when they see me handling it.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Tim Duncan

Don Cunningham
ThankYou 33

The Italian Job feature
Drive-In (1976)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor