Hoppity Goes To Town

#1 by Eivind Mork , Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Super 8, 4x400', color and sound.

This is the feature of Hoppity Goes To Town, also known as Mr. Bug Goes to Town. The insects in this story, living just outside a garden, has their existence threatened by humans. Can Hoppity save them?

The film didn't do well at all on cinemas. It was released two days before the attack on Pearl Harbor, not easy to find a worse time to release a film. But I liked the story, and it is a cute family film. My son has now learned English well enough to enjoy it without problems or the need for subtitles.

The film was quite soft, and it has some emulsion stripes parts of the film. It has also some fade, so I viewed it with blue gel. But I am still very happy with the purchase for what I paid for it, and it will surely be watched many times more!

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan, Greg Perry, Martin Dew, Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Hoppity Goes To Town

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Saw this when I was a kid on TV. The animation by Max Fleisher was impressive. I remember a scene where insects were carrying lanterns across a marsh. The only other feature I know by him was 'Gulliver's Travels'. His son was a film producer or director, who made some great films shot on location.

Eivind Mork likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:37 pm

Elvin ,had this one when my children were younger and enjoyed it then,moved it on some years back.
Nice film always enjoyed.

Eivind Mork likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#4 by Del Phillipson , Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:05 pm

I really like this one Eivind and it has such a catchy song, not as catchy as Baby Shark though

Eivind Mork likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Calamity Jane
Remo Williams .

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor