Prizzie's Honour 1985

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 am

Last night we viewed one of of latest additions, Prizzie's Honour starring Jack Nicholson and Kathleen Turner.
Jack Nicholson is one of my favourite actors so i didn't want to turn this down when it offered by a fellow collector, this is an LPP polyester print so colours are superb, image is very good and the condition of the print, also very good. One i am very pleased to add to our growing collection which has now well surpassed my maximum of 30, pretty much as most collectors said would happen but this is a great addition.

Prizzi's Honor is a 1985 American black comedy crime film directed by John Huston from a screenplay written by Richard Condon and Janet Roach based on Condon's 1982 novel of the same name. It stars Jack Nicholson, Kathleen Turner, Robert Loggia, William Hickey, and Anjelica Huston. In the film, two highly skilled assassins are hired to kill each other. However, while trying to find the best way to complete their missions, they end up falling in love. It was the last of John Huston's films to be released during his lifetime.
Prizzi's Honor was theatrically released on June 14, 1985 by 20th Century Fox. It was praised for the performances of the cast (most notably of that of Huston). The film received seven nominations at the 58th Academy Awards (including for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor) with Huston winning for Best Supporting Actress.

As a point of interst,
Anjelica Huston was paid the SAG-AFTRA scale rate of $14,000 for her role in Prizzi's Honor. When her agent called up the movie's producer to request if she could be paid more, she was told "Go to hell. Be my guest — ask for more money. We don’t even want her in this movie.” Huston, who was not only John Huston's daughter but also Jack Nicholson's girlfriend at the time, wrote in her 2014 memoir Watch Me that she later overheard a production worker saying "Her father is the director, her boyfriend’s the star, and she has no talent.” She would go on to win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance, beating both Nicholson and her father in their respective nominations for Best Actor and Best Director.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan, Eivind Mork and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Prizzie's Honour 1985

#2 by Greg Perry , Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Tom,
Really nice print there, and another good title. Amazing when you think about some of the classic films Jack has been in: The Shining, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, A Few Good Men, and of course Batman as the Joker (pre Heath Ledger's take). I am sure he has been in a few duds too over the years, but it wouldn't ever be a result of poor acting on his part.

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:18 pm

Greg,
you've just named four great titles there.just one of those would be great to get hold of.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Greg ,
Must add one more my favourite “Chinatown “ my first full length feature on 16mm,have views numerous times only trouble is colour starting to turn but not one I will part with.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:53 pm

100% on that, we have the super 8 3 x 400 version plus part one of the full feature. Makes a good 1200ft version. Sdaley, the full feature part one, (as per many of those marketing features) does have some fade, fortunately it still looks pretty good.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#6 by David Skillern , Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:33 pm

My copy of Chinatown full length - looks great - I watched it 2 weeks ago

Tom Photiou likes this
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales