A difference between U.S. and U.K. sellers

#1 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

A difference I have noticed between the two countries is that in the U.S. a B&W copy of what was originally a colour film, sells for less than a film made in B&W, as though somehow it's a minus. In the U.K. a while back, I would have been paying about £85 for a B&W print in nice condition, regardless of what the original release was; while films from the U.S. have cost me anywhere from £20 to £46. The cost of postage and import tax pushes up the price of course, but often it has still been lower than I could have bought in the U.K.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

RE: A difference between U.S. and U.K. sellers

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I was looking on the .com ebay at this Robert. It is odd how some of those films are starting at such stupendous prices.

My Brother says the best b/w films, such as the old Westerns, are all quite low priced. It is a shame that the pound isn't much good at present and those shipping and import duties push most up way out of what i am comfortable with.
I was keeping an eye on The Green Mile with Tom Hanks. The price of the movie at present is quite good, but the shipping and import duties push it up another $160. I suspect it will sell for way above what it is at present but i simply cannot pay that much, if i won it at its current price of approx 250, the rest pushes it up past 400. The length of the film means the repeatably isn't there, the film runs for three hours.

I see there is a Jerry Lewis film on there, Three on a Couch, this is a b/w print of a colour film. Price wise it's quite good and the print looks in good condition.

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16MM-FEATURE-...cYAAOSwGIVeOGtY

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:05 am

Never seen that Lewis film Tom. I noticed that some of the dealers I bought from in the U/S. didn't show it being despatched by the Global Shipping Programme, I wonder if this has been temporarily suspended?. One was asking £100 postage, you add to that customs charges, and the Post Office handling fee. A film has to be really special to pay that.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:43 pm

I think its still going, global shipping via ebays the only way to make it affordable. Some of the sellers ask double the price of the film to ship it here. Having said that i guess they are heavy goods, especially when you have three or four reels to a film.
That Lewis film had a columbia 400ft colour sound release. It wasnt his best.
Here is my review of it before i sold it on,

Three on a couch 400ft Colour sound

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 03.29.2020 | Top

My Dear Killer
Eiki SLT 2 Super slot loader question

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor