No way out, LPP

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:51 pm

Last night we viewed this excellent film with a good twist at the end. The Wife hadn't seen it before but being a Kevin Costner admirer she sat with me and watched & didn't guess the ending.
Great print in good condition, for full review and screenshots please click here,
No Way Out. Kevin Costner & Gene Hackman. LPP Poly print.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Eivind Mork, Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: No way out, LPP

#2 by Greg Perry , Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:47 am

Tom,

It sure is a treat when the wife joins in for a film, eh? My wife will watch on occasion depending on the play list. I also think she doesn't want to accidentally encourage me to buy more films....

The following members like this: Douglas Warren, Tom Photiou, Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:26 am

My wife will watch occasionally if its something she likes but one does get"What have you bought now haven't you got enough films already!"
"no got to have a hobby"
Still No Way Out.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#4 by Del Phillipson , Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:14 am

We both love No Way Out Tom, it's a great thriller with a great twist, my good lady never watches film, she's spoiled with the Sony Bravia VP and compares everything to that.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Last edited 02.13.2020 | Top

#5 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm

well i guess she's missing out (only joking), have to say today's TV's are pretty good, you cant know them.
There's no doubt watching an almost perfect picture, with no scratches and digital sound is something we can no longer knock as we all did in the early years of digital TV, and it actually wasn't that long ago.

We are hoping to replace all our TV and sound system soon and looking around it wont cost much to do it, and with great quality.

Having said all that, i for one will always love my 16mm and super 8 once i filter out the faded or fading films.

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#6 by Del Phillipson , Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:21 pm

It's not the TV mate, it's the Sony Bravia Video Projector and Blu Ray discs, she's spoiled, tried her last year with some films but went down like a lead balloon :-(.

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#7 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Oh Dear, yes i see what you mean, I've never really got into the whole digital projection thing, i think we may look at it later this year, i do have an entry level epson which does produce a good image but if i go into it i would would want a good one but not spending over the top. 4k and Blu ray are pretty darn good. The films will of course remain a hobby. I'm just looking at our film list now and am looking at the amount we have that have not been projected for years. two years ago we started a projected with the aim of projecting every reel we own between us in order to sort it all out. The re introduction of 16mm stopped it in its path.

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#8 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Oh Dear, yes i see what you mean, I've never really got into the whole digital projection thing, i think we may look at it later this year, i do have an entry level epson which does produce a good image but if i go into it i would would want a good one but not spending over the top. 4k and Blu ray are pretty darn good. The films will of course remain a hobby. I'm just looking at our film list now and am looking at the amount we have that have not been projected for years. two years ago we started a projected with the aim of projecting every reel we own between us in order to sort it all out. The re introduction of 16mm stopped it in its path.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#9 by Del Phillipson , Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Film gets into your blood mate, I love watching a blu ray and concert on a Saturday night and I equally love sat watching a super 8/16mm film the rest of the week, the VP doesn't purr like a film projector :-)

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Tom Photiou and Paul Barker

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#10 by Erik Schoolcraft , Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:12 am

I'll just say it. There is nothing like the ticking sound of a well working projector in any format that excites people. The sound of a projector running just adds to the theater experience even at home. I do also use HD digital in my home but the experience is less than changing reels and seeing the occasional dust and lines on a physical print.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson
Erik Schoolcraft  
Erik Schoolcraft
Date registered 08.16.2018
ThankYou 18

Just Cause
The Time Machine

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor