Run of the arrow, Full length Colour 6 x 400ft

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 pm

My Brother has decided to part with his full length rare print of Run of the Arrow starring Rod Steiger & Charles Bronson.
While the colour of this print was never very rich there is still some fair colours in this one. The print isn't quite pin sharp, its one of those ones where you focus it and then think maybe a little tweak but then goes annoyingly out of focus so it's a case of get it focused and leave it alone. The sound is pretty good but not to the same standards as Derann or those American 400ft digests, but overall, still pretty good. I cant say i recall seeing another one ever come up for sales but there is, as you probably know, loads of the 4 x 400ft b/w abridged versions.

Here is some info with the help of wiki.
Confederate veteran O'Meara (Steiger) refuses to accept defeat following the surrender of General Robert E. Lee at Appomattox. He renounces his family and the United States, travels west and joins the Native American Sioux tribe, and takes a wife (Sara Montiel).
When the US Army builds a fort on Sioux lands and fighting breaks out between the Army and the Sioux, O'Meara must make a difficult decision.
Production notes
Run of the Arrow was one of the first films to use blood squibs to simulate realistic bullet impacts. The movie was filmed at Snow Canyon and Pine Valley Lake in St. George, Utah which is far from actual Sioux territory.
Originally produced by RKO Radio Pictures, the studio ended its distribution activities before the movie was released.
At the time of its release, critics commented favourably on director Samuel Fuller's decision to concentrate on feet in the "run of the arrow" scene rather than showing the actors in full. Fuller later explained that Steiger had badly sprained his ankle just before the scene was to be shot and was unable to walk, so he had one of the Indian extras run in Steiger's place.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Run of the arrow, Full length Colour 6 x 400ft

#2 by Greg Perry , Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:05 am

Tom,

I haven't seen this movie, but do you think there are some similarities to "Dances With Wolves" and "Run of the Arrow"....?

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:54 am

Your has better colour than mine

Tom Photiou likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:45 pm

Vidar,i hope your better now or at least on the mend, its also good to know there is at least one other full colour print out there

Greg, It's weird that you say that as i did think this during the viewing. It is my Brothers print so this is only my second viewing in the 30 odd years we'v had it. It definatly does have a couple of similarities, the obvious one being the Johnny reb that survives the run of the arrow and becomes a part of the Sioux and has an indian Wife /partner. A 16mm technicolour print of this would look pretty amazing with all the scenic backdrops. While this print does have fade it never did look particularly colourful, certainly nothing compared to the other mountain feature we have Flying Leathernecks, the focus is very similar in that it isnt quite pin sharp. A typical quality of many 70 releases in this country.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Thank you, Tom. Thursday my right eye will get «the hook» and lens pulled out. Left eye on the mens, but still blurry AS I probably need new glasses, but have to wait six weeks until it stabilizes properly. Still an effort to read and write, need the zoom on my pad to make it

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#6 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:38 pm

I had the b/w 4x 400 many years ago,not I must say one of my favourite films,did not know there was a full length version.I parted with mine along time ago.As you say Tom not one you see often if ever.

Vidar,
Good to see you are on the mend all be it slowly.One day at a time.👍👍

Looking for Reel1 “SERPICO”

Vidar Olavesen and Tom Photiou say Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 274

Run of the arrow, Full length Colour 6 x 400ft
Rupert & the Frog Song 400ft Colour Sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor