Forbidden planet. 2 x 800ft (from 5 x 500ft)

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 pm

The last time we viewed this one was in 2016. A good old classic sci fi that needs no introduction. I do have a question though for anyone who has a print,
We bought this one at the bring and buy at Ealing many years ago. It was in 5 plain boxes and no one could tell us anything about the print other than it was "very good". They wanted £85 for it so we took a chance. This was the same Ealing year i turned down the full scope feature of Independence day for £120. Another idiot decision by me

After a clean up we were more than happy. Much more in fact, over-all, a great print in great shape. No fade and first class sound. One thing it has, (and always has had), is some speckled lab marks at the end of one or two reel and some on part one. The best way i can describe it is, it looks a bit like a cross between rain and snow. 95% of the film is A1 so it isn't any big deal.
Is this possibly a white box special or do they all have some lab marks?
Was is a Derann release, ( i know they sold it) or was it from the states?

For screenshots please see my review from 2016 on here, click on this link

Forbidden Planet Feature colour Sound.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Forbidden planet. 2 x 800ft (from 5 x 500ft)

#2 by Greg Perry , Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 pm

Tom,

Super nice! In looking at the pics from your older post I do not see any with the "rain/snow" markings....With the rarity of this film and the great color your print has, I cant imagine a few marks would really make much of a difference to anyone--certainly not to me!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Forbidden planet. 2 x 800ft (from 5 x 500ft)

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:25 am

Il try and pop a picturre or two up later showing the marks. However, i agree with you Greg that over all the print is in very good shape and for 85 quid it was a givaway.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Mouse Trouble
Or this....

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor