Superman

#1 by Eivind Mork , Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Super 8, 400' color and sound.

It has been a while since I watched some films last time. Life is just too busy at the moment, but on Friday I managed to watch one 400' digest. It was Superman which I got from my dear friend Tim. I watched it with some blue gel, and although it has faded, there are still blue colors left. It had all the important scenes: His departure from his home planet. Arrival at earth. He runs from a train. And off course: He pulls off his shirt to reveal the big S underneath, and we get to see some flying action. A nice digest :-) The box was really nice.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Del Phillipson, Greg Perry, Gwyn Morgan, Tim Duncan and Tom Photiou

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Superman

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:01 pm

I think my box now is the same, used to have the cardboardbox. Maybe we should punch a hole in these, VS traps :-)

Bought a collection on eBay once, Shaft, Coma and some other MGM I can’t remember, all warped VS

The following members like this: Tim Duncan and Eivind Mork

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

RE: Superman

#3 by Tim Duncan , Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 am

I WOULD store the film separately from the nearly airtight box! I kept the reel in a large yellow envelope with a metal clasp. The film can still breathe, but will be protected from dirt and dust. Do the same for "Easter Parade". :-)

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

Silver Dream Machine
Showboat feature

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor