Waterloo, Scope Feature

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Viewed this one tonight, great action and an Agfa scope print. The first 5 minutes has fade as it is a repair section. This is something i will be fixing.
For screenshots please view here on this link, Oddly enough, it was one review i did that got no comments at the time.

Waterloo Scope Feature

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Del Phillipson and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Waterloo, Scope Feature

#2 by Greg Perry , Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Tom,

Great stuff! Those pictures demonstrate how "Scope" makes battle scenes--in particular--that much more powerful to watch.
Amazing to think of these classic films being shot without any CGI fakery like is done today.

Will Marco be helping out on the replacement footage? I have used his service once and it is really nice--took a while though, but worth the wait.

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Spot on Greg, this is a great film in scope and 30 thousand extras in the making it looks superb. Rod Steigers performence is A1.
My challange is finding a blu ray of this movie first as it doesnt appear to have been released on that format. DVD wont be up to the job.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 08.09.2019 | Top

#4 by Eivind Mork , Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Great shots! Your scope lens must be much better than mine I struggle with the focus. I think there are some fungus issues. And for the the of your last post, I am afraid I ate too much ribs that day to be as active as I should here :-( But your film looks great, and I totally agree with Greg on the scope format for the battle scenes!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#5 by Tom Photiou , Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 pm

This is a movie thats been on TV numerous times but i always voided. Not a title i was interested in at all, but this scope print has now been viewed four times in a year, it is a great scope film and one made for the big screen. Once the new footage has been spliced in this will be an excellent print throughout. Will put up screenshots of new footage once its done in a month or so.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#6 by Greg Perry , Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Great! Looking forward to hearing how the new replacement footage works out....
It sure is nice to have Marco's replacement footage as an option to restore damaged/faded sections of 16mm prints....

I have used his service once for a short and was quite happy with it--although it did take several months to finally get hold of it.
I understand he is kept pretty busy with all the requests.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Honeymoon with a Stranger
Crash of Flight 401

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor