Shane Rimmer

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Shane Rimmer has died.

Born May 28, 1929 in Toronto, Canada. Died March 29, 2019 He was 89.

Rimmer has appeared mainly in supporting roles, especially in films and television series produced in the United Kingdom. He emigrated to England in the late 1950s, initially performing as a cabaret singer and then auditioning for Thunderbirds.

His appearances include roles in films such as Dr. Strangelove (1964), Rollerball (1975), The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), Gandhi (1982), Out of Africa (1985) and Crusoe (1989). More recently, he has appeared in Spy Game (2001) and Batman Begins (2005).

In the earlier years of his career, Rimmer appeared uncredited in, among other films, You Only Live Twice (1967), Diamonds Are Forever (1971), Star Wars (1977) and Superman II (1980). With the exception of cast members playing recurring characters, he has appeared in more James Bond films than any other actor.

Rimmer had a long-running association with TV producer Gerry Anderson, most notably for the 1964-66 series Thunderbirds. He was the voice actor behind the character of Scott Tracy. He drafted the story for the series' penultimate episode, "Ricochet" (1966), from which writer Tony Barwick penned a script. Rimmer thought the studio rates for voices in those days were "absolutely deplorable". Years after working on Thunderbirds, Rimmer, along with fellow Anderson associate Matt Zimmerman, got a solicitor. They informed him of the sort of money they got, and the solicitor then got Rimmer and Zimmerman an immense raise in the residuals.

He also wrote scripts and provided uncredited voices for Anderson's subsequent Supermarionation productions Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967–68), Joe 90 (1968–69) and The Secret Service (1969), appeared in episodes of the live-action series UFO (1970) and The Protectors (1972–74), provided voices for Space: 1999 (1975–77), and guest-starred in one of its episodes, "Space Brain" (1976). Later, he appeared in the un-televised 1986 pilot Space Police (which was adapted as a full TV series and renamed Space Precinct in the 1990s, though Ted Shackleford replaced Rimmer for the series) and provided the voice of the title character in Dick Spanner, P.I. (1987).

Seen here with Roger Moore in The Spy Who Loved Me

Scott Tracy from Thunderbirds.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Douglas Warren, Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson
David Alligan, Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry and Douglas Warren say Thank You!

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: Shane Rimmer

#2 by Paul Browning , Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:55 pm

I've seen this guy in Randal and Hopkirk, The Saint, and the champions, but could never put a face to the voice in the Gerry Anderson series, now I can put the two together. Thanks for the info and R.I.P Shane Rimmer ......

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Jan-Michael Vincent

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor