Last night's viewing....

#1 by Greg Perry , Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Been exceptionally busy lately, but got to roll some films last night..which always brings a great feeling of enjoyment...

First, B&W Roadrunner w/ Coyote cartoon, "Zoom at the Top". B&W is ok, but the cartoon landscapes of the desert look far, far better in color:

Next, we have a B&W film "This Movie Theater and You". This is probably early 1950's and was put out by "Members of the Motion Picture Industry" in cooperation with AMPAS. There are marquee/poster images for "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", "Bambi", and the film also has a segment with Bugs Bunny too. I am guessing this was done for industry promotion as television started to impact the movie theaters. The contrast between the full service movie-going experience back in the 1950's compared to the bare-bones service (if any) of today is quite obvious.

Last, another Jonny Quest cartoon. This on Kodak SP stock, and actually looks a lot better on screen than these pics..This one is "Murder in the Monastery".

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Last night's viewing....

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Johnny Quest looked quite good in the pictures too, so it must be fine indeed

Greg Perry sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#3 by Eivind Mork , Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Seems like you had a great show. Roadrunner is one of my son's favorites. The red landscape is not the worst to have on films turning red either :-) I love the silly things he buys from Acme.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#4 by Michael Lattavo , Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Looks like a great time!

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

The Falcon and the Snowman