Pork Chop Hill,

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Watched this excellent war film set in the Korean war, this film is action packed and full of stars from there early days.
n April 1953, during the Korean War, a company of American infantry, led by Lieutenant Joe Clemons (Gregory Peck) are to recapture Pork Chop Hill from a larger Communist Chinese army force; they recapture the hill, but are depleted, only 25 of a 135-man unit are left. They prepare for a large-scale Chinese counter-attack which they know will overwhelm and kill them in vicious fire fights and hand-to-hand fighting while the Panmunjeom cease-fire negotiations continue.
Higher command is shown as being unwilling to either abandon or reinforce the hill. They will not reinforce the hill because the value of the hill is not worth further losses. They will not abandon the hill because it is a point of negotiation in the cease-fire talks.
The American negotiators come to the conclusion that the Chinese are pouring soldiers into the battle for a militarily insignificant hill to test the resolve of the Americans in the negotiations. The decision is then made at the last minute to reinforce the hill.
Gregory Peck,Harry Dean Stanton, Martin Landau,Rip torn, Woody Strode, Robert Blake, George Peppard and more.

Full review and images here
Pork Chop Hill

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Pork Chop Hill,

#2 by Mats Abelli , Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 am

Sounds like a film I would enjoy. I have read about it but never watched it.

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

RE: Pork Chop Hill,

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:27 am

This one was for my Brother when i bought it but i have to say it is full of action and of course, it is a true story. The action is both very realistic and for the age of this movie, very vivid. Its good to see such a young Harry Dean Stanton and Martin Landau in one of there early roles.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 07.21.2018 | Top

The Woman in Red
Flaming Star

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor