RE: URGENT ENQUIRY Anyone know who this ebay seller is?

#26 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:51 am

Quote: Robert Crewdson wrote in post #15
Some of them aren't like me and watch the countdown and place the bid in the final seconds; they place a bid maybe 1 to 2 hours before, then don't come back until it's all over. That person is best blocked.

What's the problem with this? I find something that I want to bid on, it might be days before or just a couple of hours to go. The bid stands at £12, I place my bid say £20 and wait. If it goes to £21 I loose that item. I put my maximum bid to start and ebay takes care of the bidding to my max and no more.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#27 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Two separate statements David. I was not saying someone should be blocked because they don't keep an eye on bidding. I was saying that if I want an item badly i watch the countdown and try to secure the item by placing my maximum bid before the item ends. Some people place their bid two hours before and don't watch what happens. some people place one bid several days before. Seems like they don't care if they win or lose.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#28 by Martin Dew , Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 pm

I understand the maximum bid strategy because I always know what I'm prepared to pay. It's like gambling - which I don't do incidentally - but it's all about knowing what you're prepared to lose, not what you hope you'll win.

I probably infuriate other bidders because I use a sniping service which gets me what I want 100% of the time in auctions. But if an item goes above my absolute maximum budget, I'm quite happy for it to go to the other person.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Mats Abelli and Robert Crewdson

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 95

#29 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Most of my film purchases on Ebay have been BIN. The worry about trying to win the item in the last few seconds is loss of internet connection. I used to get that a lot at one time, but fortunately, never when on Ebay. I know it happened to someone.

Martin Dew likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#30 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Appreciate the reply's on this thread, i know i ranted a bit but never set out to offend our fellow collector Panayotis, i certainly havnt said anything bad about The Greeks, (as i said, why would i, my Dad was one, im a 50/50 boy), only the one who decided to get a bit weird, what i have done for the time being is what has been recommended by other people who have had a similar thing happen. With well over 600 good feedback's on my part he is the first to be upset by me allowing my bidders to remain anonymous. I have mates in work who tell me that unless an item they bid on doesn't keep there user names private they wont bid. That was where i got the idea of setting this preference from. With the new laws in GDPR i thought this would now be standard with ebay.
Anyway, as i said, i have no intentions of upsetting any of the Greeks or other nations, but i have done what ive done for a reason. In a few months time i will change it, but if i get the same problem from elsewhere i'll do it again, whichever country it may be.
Panayotis, my apologies to you if i have caused you any offence, it was certainly not intended.
συγγνώμη

The following members like this: Ian Partridge, Mats Abelli, Robert Crewdson and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 06.30.2018 | Top

#31 by Panayotis Carayannis , Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:29 am

Συγγνώμη δεκτή! (Apologies accepted!)

Tom Photiou likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Panayotis Carayannis  
Panayotis Carayannis
Date registered 12.05.2015
ThankYou 48

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Ebay horror stories

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor