Madigan 800ft Colour Sound Cut down.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 pm

First of all, A huge thank you to Nigel Higgins for this one, a brand spanking new sealed print from U8 on 16mm colour sound. It had to be done so i could say i bought a brand new sealed 16mm film.
I know, im sad old twat
Anyway, i must start by saying that i am not in any way going to collect cut downs on 16mm. This is to be a one off.
The reason i indulge in this gauge is purely for the amount of full feauture titles you can get and the stonking quality of the image and sound which, (with the help of many on here, Maurice and Andrew especially), is now going through my old pioneer stereo amp. What a difference this has made. Robin Prince of thieves was the first to go through and the sound really is fantastic.
So the reason i bought this 20 minute cut down is A, it's a good warm up film, and B, it is an ideal reel after i pull a projector apart for testing.
This one was also a good test for my Elf tonight, it went through perfectly, not a single piece of film judder or shake. I have swopped the gates over again with my spare machine and it now appears to be fine and quite.

Advertised by Nigel on ebay as slight fade, i have to say, this one is absolutely perfect with no fade what so ever, in fact the colour is like LPP, i dont what film stock it is, nor am i interested other than the fact it's perfect in every way. Great image, great sound and super colour. As a cut down, well, it has the usual U8 logo, with all of its glorious colours, a good section of from and end titles and fast paced thriller from director Don Siegel, a great classic cast from the early 70s including Richard Widmark, Henry Fonda, Harry Guardino, Don Stroud, to name but a few.
In brief,
In New York City's Spanish Harlem, detectives Madigan and Bonaro are given 72 hours by their superior to capture a hoodlum wanted for homicide in Brooklyn. Despite a "straight in " start the film is cut well and is an action packed reel.

Seems to be a problem with uploading at present so will add the images as soon as i can.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan and Douglas Warren

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Madigan 800ft Colour Sound Cut down.

#2 by Del Phillipson , Mon May 07, 2018 9:42 pm

It's a very good film Tom, I watched it a few weeks ago on TV.

Tom Photiou likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Images upload for this cut down on 16mm.

Bill Phelps likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Greg Perry , Fri May 11, 2018 12:41 am

Tom,
I have never seen "Madigan", but the pictures you shared made me think of the 1971 films "Dirty Harry" (also directed by Don Siegel), and "The French Connection". Both of which are fantastic of course---nothing like a nice, gritty crime story! Excellent addition to your collection.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by Tom Photiou , Fri May 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank you Greg, now wouldnt Dirty Harry be a great scope feature to have!!!
This short version makes me want to see the feature, i know it pops up on the tv a few times so i will look out for it next time.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 05.12.2018 | Top

#6 by Greg Perry , Tue May 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This may be of interest to you Tom....16mm LPP but maybe TV version (?)...

Werbung: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-LPP-COLOR-...90AAOSwHPNbAvz5

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#7 by Robert Crewdson , Wed May 23, 2018 12:24 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

That looks a great print on Ebay.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#8 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 23, 2018 8:19 am

love it. Whats the chances of that happening after buying the short version. I shall keep an eye.thank you for letting me know.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Lord of the Ring two Towers / Inception Scope trailers
Man on a Tightrope (1953)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor