Batman/License to kill Trls?The Dirty Dozen

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Tonight was The Dirty Dozen 3 x 400ft MGM edit, a very one to , plus a couple of superb trailers from Derann,

Se my full review here if you wish,
The Dirty Dozen 3 X 400 (ON 1 X 1200 REEL)MGM Release

Batman, (in my opinion the best version with Jack Nicholson as the Joker)
License to kill, this is the full trailer, like many other James Bond Trailers this one was supplied on a 200ft reel and contained the full trailer, (this one) and a teaser trailer as well which is at the start of another film of ours and contains the Odeon daysets plus the dodgy Video warning at the end.

A lot of assholes have decided to sell there teasers , (other titles) and are asking twat amounts of money when they should be sold off as the 200 reel, in other words, there keeping the full trailers and ripping people off selling the teaser but advertising it as the teaser.

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Batman/License to kill Trls?The Dirty Dozen

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Great stuff!

Teaser trailers should never fetch the prices that full length ones do, but often people don't realize just how little film they're actually buying before they have already purchased one of these.

We've all done it Tom as the titles available lead us there unfortunately.
By rights these should be only distributed like they were originally very often, with two or three lumped together on one reel all from the same studios.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm | Top

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Very good quality; I liked Timothy Dalton as Bond, and saw him in 'The Living Daylights', in Weston-super-Mare, when I was given some souvenir postcards of the film. I haven't been able to watch any of those that followed him. I did watch one on disc with Pierce Brosnan but didn't like the over the top CG effects.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Robert Crewdson

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 am

Pierce Brosnan didn't quite fit the entire remit Robert, but Daniel Craig most certainly does imo.
More Connery than Moore, which appears the popular way of perceiving the character though I have to say, I quite liked Roger Moore's character as Bond.

Either way, the debate will only focus on Connery vs Moore.
Anything before or after never gets a look in as a favourite.

Del Phillipson likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:05 am | Top

#5 by Del Phillipson , Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:43 am

I'm with you Robert, I like Timothy Dalton as Bond (nothing to do with him being a City fan) and Licence To Kill is one of my favourites. Don't watch Bonds now, to much CGI and far too PC. My favourite Roger Moore was Live And Let Die which I went to see twice at the Odeon at Blackpool when I was a nipper.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Martin Dew

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 am

I saw Live and Let Die, while on holiday in Llandudno in 1973; the cinema had an organist that come out of a pit before the film started, and the cinema still had a Commisionaire, and framed photos of stars from the 30s. It was all very nice, going back to the golden age. The supporting picture was 'Nearest and Dearest', a spin off of the TV series , starring Hylda Baker and Jimmy Jewel.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 am

There is strong possibility My Mum, my Dad, my sister and myself were holidaying in Llandudno and other surrounding regions of North Wales that very same year Robert.
It was always a popular and thriving holiday destination in those days when still, the vast majority of UK holidaymakers did not travel oversees.
I can remember the Robin Hood Camp vividly from our time spent there as a child

If it wasn't North Wales in the early 70s for us lot, then it was either the Isle Of Man or Devon.
I never particularly liked the Isle Of Man but my Aunt owned a hotel there on the promenade.

Llandudno remains one of the few traditional holiday hot spots of that north Wales coastline region that remains unspoiled by time.
Rhyl in particular, is very run down nowadays sadly, since holiday habits have completely changed now.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 am | Top

#8 by Stuart Reid , Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Live and Let Die was the first film I ever saw in the cinema (Drake Odeon, Plymouth), at the tender age of FOUR. Story goes that mum and dad couldn't find a babysitter so took me with them. Apparently I sulked all the way there (in dad's Ford Zephyr) because they wouldn't let me wear my cowboy outfit! Anyway, I saw everything up until the opening credits which scared the shit out of me. Spent the next 2 hours with my head buried in the seat. From that day on I always got a scary, thrilled feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I go to the cinema.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Martin Dew

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 pm

That was interesting Andrew; I remember the shop on the seafront that sold old Standard 8 cameras; I think it was Roy Salmons. i'd just got my first movie camera the month before the holiday. I remember going to the cinema at Stuart's age, and everything was fine until some adult sat in the seat in front, then you couldn't see the screen. I think at that age, I probably slept through most of the films.

Robert Crewdson

#10 by Tom Photiou , Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Your right about the Bonds going too CGI way to PC.
The day they turn James bond to a women version will be the day i never watch another one aside the Connery, Moore and Dalton ones. I do wish Timothy Dalton did a few more though. He was a very good Bond.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#11 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 pm

He (Bond) seems more like a superman now. Those trailers were really a condensed version of the film. The Spy Who Loved Me is one of the best. Talk of teaser trailers does anyone have those from Iver Films?

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#12 by Tom Photiou , Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm

We have had, and have a few full length ones. We have the full trailer to Tommy but also did have the shorter one. Also The Klansman, The Human Factor, The McMasters, Murphy's War in scope and The Passage in scope with the last one now fading. The others all appear to be OK.
Most of these were free from Iver when we bought various films from them.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#13 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Years ago the Rank hire library offered a free Super 8 trailer of 'Lord Shango' to everyone who requested a copy of their hire catalogue. I sent for one, with no intention of hiring any films. I watched it last year and it still had it's colour.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Greg Perry
Robert Crewdson

#14 by Martin Dew , Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:22 am

I've got Human Factor, Caravan to Vaccares and Lord Shango teasers on one reel, but I don't remember how I got them. Colour still good. Plus there's the non-studio teasers at the end of the Star Trek promo with the rubbish voiceovers!

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 95

#15 by David Ollerearnshaw , Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 am

A blast from the past Iver Films

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Greg Perry

David Ollerearnshaw
ThankYou 61

#16 by Tom Photiou , Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Great stuff, does anyone have an Iver catalogue on line anywhere?

By the way, there are two teaser trailers at the end of a long trailer for 2001 that i have have listed on ebay should anyone be interested. The two teasers are for Dark Star and the scars of Dracula, (the later being from Derann.

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132581250761?...984.m1555.l2649

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 04.19.2018 | Top

#17 by David Ollerearnshaw , Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Currently sorting stuff and scanning. This is the cover to one of Iver catalogues

Tom Photiou likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

David Ollerearnshaw
ThankYou 61

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Sea Rivals

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor