Star Wars, The Phantom Menace Pod Race Scope.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Here is the very well known excerpt of The Pod Race released by Derann some years ago now. This always gets mixed reviews but i think the print is very good, nice sharp scope image and very good mono sound. The contrast in places can be a little brighter than normal but it certainly not enough to have anyone question it. I have never watched the feature film as i am not a big star wars fan, i enjoyed the first one and so far we still have the full feature on 8, i bought this one as it was on a list for around 14.95 and i wanted to add some scope titles. This one does the job very well with virtually non stop action for the whole 13 minutes. It has the Fox logo and the Lucas films title with a caption of "A long time ago in galaxy far far away", then its straight to the action. If i had any grumbles with this show opener it would be the very abrupt ending but it does at least have a "The End" title to finish the reel.
For the hardened Star Wars fan this is a must but for us it is a very good action packed show opener for any scope evening. Colour sound and print are all very good.
Due to the fast action it was quite difficult to get good images but these are the best of the bunch.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry, Gwyn Morgan and Paul Wilson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Star Wars, The Phantom Menace Pod Race Scope.

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Top top drawer Tom. No criticisms from myself if I had this print.
It looks great to me.

I can never get good screenshots from fast action films and fast action trailers are the worst of any to photograph well I've found.
They look brilliant on screen but just you try capturing anything from them!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm | Top

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Looks very good Tom, and the colour looks perfect.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Thanks chaps, i know quite a few people were not too happy as they say the conteast is too bright. Certainly during a couple of the open desert sequences there are a few bright spots but to my eyes the film as a whole is pretty good. We also have the 100ft long scope trailer to this movie which is very good.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#5 by Michael Lattavo , Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 am

Looks great to me!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

Star Wars, Scope Stereo feature
Straw Dogs. 5 x 400ft colour sound ABC Films

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor