The Professionals. The Rack Series 2 Episode 2

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Today i recieved yet another A1 print of The Professionals from D Guest. What a stunning print, (where this bloke get this stuff? )
I wasn't waiting any longer to watch it, isn't funny these are on the time and i never bother watching them, get them on this format and i cant wait.
Mounted on 1 2000ft spool and on the superb LPP polyester film stock this time has not got a single line anywhere, the only splices are not even noticed but are only there for the end of part 1 and 2.
The colour is stunning, unfortunately these images are crap but do give you an idea. The Greens are absolutely deep as are all the colours, and the sound as always on 16 optical is outstanding.
I now have two of these so will be only looking for feature films from here on unless something special comes along such as The Avengers, Dads Army or Bilko. Oh, Captain Scarlet or the Thunderbird's.

After informant 'Nosey' Parker has tipped them off about the drug-dealing habits of boxer-turned-gangster John Coogan, CI5 interrogate Coogan's younger brother, Paul, who dies, seemingly after Doyle has hit him. Coogan gets his powerful lawyer to instigate a committee to determine whether or not CI5 should be disbanded but Cowley's own investigations throw light on the true cause of Paul's death as well as exposing Coogan's violent activities and confirming the need for the department's continued existence.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Clyde Miles likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: The Professionals. The Rack Series 2 Episode 2

#2 by David Skillern , Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Tom,

very nice print - what was Mr Guests price ?

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm

That is a fantastic print Tom, no other word for it, and as screen shots often don't do the films justice, that must look amazing. I remember this episode, it's a very good one. I remember the young man was actually beaten up by a coloured man, and eventually this gangster type learns the truth from his brother and calls of the hitman hired to kill Doyle. It's true what you say , having it on film seems to make it more appealing.
David does seem able to often get the best copies of any title. I won from him on Ebay earlier in the year, a very nice film, and one I had not heard of before, Van Johnson in 'Kelly and Me'. Kelly is a performing dog, and it's amazing. The film was graded as either good or very good, and believe me, it's absolutely flawless.

Tom Photiou likes this
Robert Crewdson

#4 by Clyde Miles , Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 pm

yes i have had some very nice prints from david, stanley baker in 'the last grenade also baker again in 'where's jack, tom bell in 'quest for love', 'goldiggers of 1935', lovely b/w reduction, all very good to excellent colour and condition.

Tom Photiou likes this

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Never heard of those two Stanley Baker films Clyde; he was a very good actor, enjoyed everything I've seen him in.

Robert Crewdson

#6 by Clyde Miles , Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm

yes robert, one of my fav actors. have managed to amass 20 of his features over the years. where's jack features tommy steele aswell, a film i saw back in 1969 and gave me nightmares, as a child. all the horrible characters. that was the film that created the baker obsession. not really true, he died to young. best.

Clyde Miles
ThankYou 19

#7 by Clyde Miles , Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 am

hope i haven't messed up toms thread?

Clyde Miles
ThankYou 19

#8 by Dave Guest , Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 am

I have a very nice colour print stars alan ladd and Stanley baker in the red beret
also got a load of dads army episodes in glorious black and white and minder and loads of 3 stooges and Charlie chase for sale
thankyou all for your kind comments

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#9 by Dave Guest , Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:22 am

got one for you david alligan what you asked ages ago not so dusty stars bill owen and wally patch black and white all titles and end and a nice orint

Dave Guest
ThankYou 69

Last edited 02.24.2018 | Top

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 am

That's a good collection Clyde.

Robert Crewdson

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am

That is an exceptional print you have there Tom, in every way possible.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#12 by Dave Guest , Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:36 am

I to do like Stanley baker I have him in a great film hell is a city excellent 16mm black and white print that I bought many years ago at blackpool when deran ran one there for £65.00 fantastic film

Dave Guest
ThankYou 69

#13 by Tom Photiou , Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:26 pm

David, did you say you have Dads Army?? Amy for sale, (if not too dear)

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

The Professionals, When the heat cools off, Series 1 Episode 9
The Red Beret (1953)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor