The Sweeney. Tomorrow Man 2000ft

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 pm

This was a spare of the moment purchase along with another Minder episode a month ago. Two for an excellent price so it was difficult to say no.
First of all the print itself,
On Eastman SP stock, (Doah), there is some colour fade but on the up side there inst a mark anywhere on it. There is a single splice 10 minutes in but nothing missing, one good clean splice.
This particular episode is from Series 3, episode 4. 1976 and has a fantastic pair of guest stars in John Hurt and George Cole and a really hard hitting punch up at the end and what sets this aside from the usual crime capers is that the baddie gets away. This was a trait that set the Sweeney aside form all other cop programmes at the time.
The plot,
Technophobe Regan is initially all at sea when he comes up against the clever computer expert Tony Gray, played by John Hurt, Gray is bent on revenge against Dennis Longfield, played by George Cole,intending to steal his gold bullion consignment with the help of a little computer trickery but, at the end of the day, it's Regan's old-fashioned policing methods that get the results, in this case Tony Grey manages to slip through using his mate as a double.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: The Sweeney. Tomorrow Man 2000ft

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Looks bloody good to my eyes Tom for what is now after all a film nigh on half a century old!

From your comments, I was expecting far worse, let's put it that way.

I'd be more than satisfied unless I'd paid for LPP and got Eastman.

Lovely clean print, which is always the main thing.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm | Top

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Is Eastman SP different from Kodak Sp, which goes a golden brown instead of red. Maybe it seems disappointing after you have viewed perfect copies. If it was mine I would keep it. Aside from the colour it looks an excellent print, and you might not see another copy.

Tom Photiou likes this
Robert Crewdson

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Still blues there, not bad

Tom Photiou likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Thanks all, Robert, it's funny you should say that, the colour is more of a golden yellow, i will double check the stock and make sure ive not got confussed with the cheaper minder prints i have.
I certainly have seen worse, it's always a little disappointing when a print is described as good but has this degree of fade but as you say, on the up side, the condition of the actual print is excellent and i cant recall seeing this episode before. Brother certainly liked it.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 02.21.2018 | Top

The Red Beret (1953)
The War Game. BBC Documentary 1965 2000ft B/W

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor