The Klansman

#1 by David Skillern , Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Well,

What can I say about The Klansman - with its original X certificate - well its not the type of film you would take to show at your local meeting of the W.I - it has the 70's written all over it - bloodshed, some nudity, plenty of violence and the KKK !!! Although the professional film critics berate it - as Lee Marvin and Wales's own Richard Burton were so in their cups they probably didn't remember making it !! But what a film !! The story is that the a White woman has been raped - possibly by a black man and then the retaliation takes place. This includes more violence between the races and the KKK - who practically run the county. Lee Marvin as Sheriff Bascomb has to try to keep the peace whilst turning a blind eye to the Klan's goings on. But when local ranch owner Breck (Richard Burton) takes a stand against what has been going on - Lee Marvin joins forces with him as the Klan which includes the Sheriff's disgraced deputy attack Breck's ranch. Plenty of mayhem ensues with bloodshed and a downbeat ending that I wasn't really expecting. The print was supplied on 2x1600ft and the quality isn't at all bad some light lines but overall very watchable. The cast Lee Marvin, Richard Burton, David Huddleston (Santa Claus the movie), Linda Evans (Dynasty), Cameron Mitchell and the now disgraced O.J. Simpson are all very watchable and if you can forgive the racial language and violence against women - then it's worth seeking out for the right audience.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

RE: The Klansman

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Looks like a nice print too. If you ever consider selling, let me know, please. Only seen the 400’ digest

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Looks a fantastic print David and well done regarding the screenshots, they are great! 😊😊

While the subject matter as you say, may not be for everyone (certainly not the Women's Institution anyhow lol), it no doubt is an incredible film with plenty of punch (pardon the pun).

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Great review and screenshots there David, i only have the iver 400ft version which i reviewed on here to. I think its a good film. A very good find on 16 and in superb condition to.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 am

Looks a very nice copy David.

Robert Crewdson

#6 by Tom Photiou , Tue May 14, 2024 9:13 pm

Just managed to grab a copy of this at a very good price and also on low fade stock.
Once cleaned up I think it's going to be a very good print with just a little fleck here and there.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#7 by Paul Browning , Yesterday 8:29 am

Anyone we know in the pointy hats ?, a lot of rumours of famous or infamous people believed to be part of the KKK ......

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#8 by Tom Photiou , Yesterday 2:10 pm

A lot more than we,ll ever know thats for sure.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Big Banana Feet. 3 x 1600ft

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor