Tom's Alternative projector question.

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm

No Tom, you're doing nothing wrong, it's just your current model showing its limitations at times.

My early Sharp models were like looking through a wire mesh fence at the screen.
An impossible lattice to camouflage.

In those days users actually recommended soft focus to mask the issue! Ha ha ha.
Whaaaat!!

You don't need to spend hardly anything these days to accelerate yourself at least a decade onwards in this technology onto a projector that would have originally cost many thousands giving true HD in a calibration intended only ever for the home cinema arena.

You'll be truly amazed at the difference from what is available in the used market, even at minimal and negligible price points.
The panels and technology utilized, improved beyond belief in a few short years around this point in time.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:14 pm | Top

RE: Tom's Alternative projector question.

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 pm

cheers Andy, i was afraid that would be the case, such a shame as this projector is perfect aside this, hellish big bright image and so good on colours. your description of the image is spot on.
I didn't raise this one on here in case Vidar sent the boys around to sort me out.

Looking for Home alone trailer and Abba Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Tom's Alternative projector question.

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 pm

He probably will Tom, but I was evasive with the specifics and if we cannot communicate with our regulars here and main contributors..on any level or topic of concern to us, then it's time to pack it in as far as I'm concerned!

It's still rock n roll Tom, in whichever guise.

I'm certain I've done my fair share here to contribute to the main raison d'etra here over the years, and I'm certain you have done yours equally Tom!

At the end of the day mate, I just love projection and projectors!
Especially ones that suit our living rooms most graciously.

Models such as the 700E btw, are still now, described as very very early models in the range Tom. Much much better and brighter images can be sourced for peanuts offering a far more immersing image with zero CW visible effect from even ridiculously close viewing distances. The images from a few generations later in this range of machines offer sublime pictures on screen mate, i can tell!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:15 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
FilmGuard In Smaller Bottles

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor