Rollerball. 600ft Colour Sound. (formerly 2 x 400ft)

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Tonight was not a great viewing. Bought this some time ago, read a lot about it and thought i was missing out on this, when i bought it and viewed it i was very unusually dissapointed, i wont bother going into the story but as for the print,
Two x 400ft reels, one has great image, excellent colours with no fade and excellent sound, the other, (second reel), has good sharp image, much much lower volume of sound but FADE!!!!! You can clearly see from the images which part is pt 1 and which is pt 2. Pity these had to edited in order but i know why this was done of course. Its been well documented on here and the other channel.
Why the hell Derann would have released two reels of the same title on two different film stocks is beyond me. What we have is 600ft which runs fine and is full of action but not for us any longer. poop. I would have loved to got gotten hold of both reels of Carrie but from what i see they are either all faded or they are like this , halfy halfy. That is of no use to me. Mind you, that opening music is really good through the stereo pioneer. I'll wake the twats up next door.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 09.14.2017 | Top

RE: Rollerball. 600ft Colour Sound. (formerly 2 x 400ft)

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 am

Yes I have had films from Derann on multiple stock types Tom.
Also, I have the 2x 400ft of Carrie all spliced in correct order.
While it is a remarkable superb edit when placed in order, it's true to say, nearly all are fading away now including my own print.

Dressed to kill is the same although the one I got more recently from Ian, is better than an older print of mine.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Del Phillipson likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:54 pm | Top

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Mine have slight colour left at least, both Carrie and Dressed to Kill. Tried finding pictures of my Rollerball, but no luck. I seem to remember one 400' with decent colour and one more faded

Del Phillipson likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Your Carrie in particular, looks very good there Vidar for any colour fading. Better than mine I'd say, from memory. Dressed to kill is very similar to my own regarding fade.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:53 pm | Top

#5 by Del Phillipson , Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Never had Rollerball, I do remember the film being very disappointing so never bothered. Had a few copies of Carrie & Dressed To Kill over the years but all had some form of fade, shame really.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#6 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Yes our dressed to kill is now fading so will time to move on sooner or later, had enough of faded crap now, i know its part of cine film etc but i cant watch a red or pink picture. Thats where the modern technology can work along side of our collection. If its fading it will only get worse. Shame that dealers didn't use agfa more as standard but obviously profits would have had to come first same as any other business.
The annoying thing about our Rollerball as you can see is that part one is excellent with no fade at all.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:56 pm

I don't mind some fading Tom, but admittedly beetroot prints do nothing for our eye ball feasts.

I will still take fade any day over excess scratching.

It's funny isn't it, we will all watch black grey and white shaded unnatural images without concern or even batting an eyelid, but shades of pink and red we all seem to find intolerable.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:57 pm | Top

#8 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 pm

I must admit Andy, two things here,

1/ Yes a little fade is fine, this one has 50% great colour and 50% red Hue, if it was all one or the other i think it would be fine but as fussy as i am i could not possibly use it to show off our gauge to an average audience as i know they would ask why it keeps going from A1 to Red hue.
2/ B/W???
well, i have to admit i am a fan of good old b/w films, (on b/w stock) as there can be no fade and also i find hey often tend to be of top notch quality especially the standard 8 prints.

The fade on marketting films at present is not too bad but the question is, how much longer can they survive in a watchable condition. One of the reasons i am being careful with the 16mm films i buy now is two fold, we only want a maximum of 120 features, because of this i only want very good colours otherwise there's no point in getting any. So far we have been very lucky with the few we get. I am getting a bit tired of buying a few 8mm described as good only to see poxy fade, it feels like a waste of hard earned cash and just makes me wonder how long i want to continue to buy for. Currently we are on a small selling spree in the hope to find some decent stuff next year at Blackpool.
Rollerball is a title i took ages to find and was so peed off at what i got, hence moving it on, i know the average collector would be fine with it but the amount of films we now have need to be thinned out to a more quality collection, does that make sense?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Yes Tom, it makes perfect sense and if I were not such a sentimental old fool towards some of my fading prints, I'd do likewise.
The problem is, many of them including the Optical titles such as Educating Rita etc, are films I really like and wouldn't want to be without just because the colour is now less than perfect.

I gave a print I acquired from Del a while back the once over again last night, Over The Top. It's sentimental, cheesy, 80's high waisted Jeans, big muscled meat headed nonsense really but I loved it!
Print was unbelievably sharp and wasn't bad at all for fade with only a few lines here and there so all that 80's brawn and sentimental claptrap went down a storm! Ha ha
A kinda cross between The Champ and Rocky!

120x 16mm Features! Wow that is some increase based on what you were first wanting! Better start bolstering those floorboards Tom, not to mention the old wallet!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:11 pm | Top

#10 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm

bugger me, i meant 12 of course

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Andrew Woodcock

#12 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Let me know if you consider selling your Rollerball, then

:-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#13 by Tom Photiou , Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:23 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

its already on fleabay vidar, a bid in at the start price to.

Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132329308002?s...984.m1555.l2649

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

Review of the War. Derann release Movietone Special 400ft
Romancing The Stone. 2 x 1200ft Scope / Stereo LPP

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor