Golden eye / Laurence and Mutiny Trailers + bits n pieces.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:07 pm

This is a little 100ft spool i threw together because i had bits and pieces of ad and tags laying around so i got fed up with doing nothing with them.
Here are a couple of real gems that i will probably put at the start of either and advert reel or a feature film.

AFI's 100 years - 100 thrills, (similar to Reflections but with later movies as well). This is a real gem, although short, i bought this one from Paul Foster some years a ago, it moves too fast to get many images but this is a fast moving reel of clips including Fatal Attraction, Silence of the Lambs and dozens more, all to music and sound from the movies themselves and bought to you with "The joy of Pepsi". Being in scope this one impacts the audience very well at the start of any scope show.
Followed by the long trailers for Lawrence of Arabia and Mutiny on the bounty. Both in scope and both stunning quality. Also both reviewed on here previously by yours truly.
It has to be said, this full 100ft trailer for Lawrence is far more entertaining than that crappy 400ft reel columbia put out years ago, that was dreadful. This promo is almost a cutdown in itself and the quality is superb.
Attached to the start of this great 200ft reel is a scope promo advertising, "the projection room", we see the projectionist setting up, followed by adverts for popcorn, no smoking, no talking and ice cream. All in superb colour and scope. We have two of this particular tags which runs for almost a minute and a half.

The Goldeneye trailer is flat but great quality but disappointingly appears to be the teaser running for around 30/40ft, too fast paced for me to get any screenshots worthwhile, also on this reel is a cinema advert for
Movies should be watched at the cinema, here we have the movie The Last Emperor being screened, at the forefront we see two workmen who as the film continues, paint out the screen until it is the size of a TV set, as the men walk off with there buckets and brushes up comes the slogan.
Followed by a great little number, people in the cinema being annoyed by "that twat" who likes to talk all the way through and say whats happening, on the screen is a b/w western, as the action builds up the actors on the screen keep looking back into the audience until one of the cowboys fires a gun into the audience making the guy stop in his tracks, the cowboy looks into the audience and puts his finger to his lips and says, ssshhhhh.
Followed by the "no talking " slogan.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Golden eye / Laurence and Mutiny Trailers + bits n pieces.

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 pm

A superb kaleidoscopic montage of a reel you have assembled there Tom!! 😊😊

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

RE: Golden eye / Laurence and Mutiny Trailers + bits n pieces.

#3 by Paul Browning , Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 pm

A beautiful set of trailers tom, some of the best I have seen, bursting out the screen with colour.......

Tom Photiou likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Warriors + Trailers

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 3
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor