A Warm Welcome to the forum Kevin

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 pm

I'd like to offer Mr Kevin Wheelan a warm welcome today to our forum on behalf us all here!

Kevin initially applied here using his acronym which after writing to him personally to point out our policy here of only accepting a username that is made up of your actual forename and surname, the matter was soon resolved and rectified by Kevin responding to my notification by e-mail.

We have two other new applicants that I'd like to complete their own applications here by administering them as members, but unlike Kevin, the others have so far not responded to my notification.

For anyone in a similar position as to what Kevin was in until he kindly responded back to a member of admin here, please follow Kevin's example here to forward your own registration here with us all.
As soon as a response is received that includes the required information, the other applications can then be completed by administration here, once again.

I welcome you again Kevin and hope you find your time spent here with us all is both of value to you and you find our forum friendly and informative with each of your visits.
We look forward to your future posts and offerings Kevin.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 15, 2017 9:38 pm | Top

RE: A Warm Welcome to the forum Kevin

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Welcome, hope you will enjoy the forum and share some views yourself.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Still we are experiencing new applications to this forum using an acronym as their username as opposed to their actual real forenames and Surnames.

Please read this thread here if you are one of these people and either respond to the emails sent to you or accept that very soon we will be forced into the only option available to us now, which is to delete your initial application unfortunately.

The same applies to one of our most recent member here who slipped in through the back door using an acronym. You have only a week to respond now before we are again forced to exclude you if we have no response from you regarding the necessary changes required to your username.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 pm | Top

#4 by Kevin Wheelan , Mon May 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Many thanks for your warm welcome. Without wishing to bore everyone, here is a bit about me. I live just South of London. My passion for film dates from about 1952 when my mother took me to see a reissue of "Dumbo". I have been collecting film since 1963, starting on Standard 8mm later adding Super 8mm, 9.5mm and 16mm. In 1970, before moving from one side of London to the other, I took some photos of what had been my favourite local cinema, by then a bingo hall, and was surprised to find the two 35mm projectors still in the projection box, looking rather forlorn. Seven years later, married with children, my thoughts turned to those machines, and after some negotiation they became mine. As money was tight I sold my smaller gauge films and projectors to concentrate exclusively on 35mm. In 1989 I acquired the two projectors from the bingo hall that had previously been my wife's local cinema. I restored one of each of the machines to full working order and they now stand side by side in my garage cinema, again giving us pleasure as they did all those years ago. My cinema is fitted out with original artefacts saved from long since vanished picture houses. I have a fairly large collection of features, but my main interests are newsreels, cartoons, vintage trailers and adverts (local, national and cinema sales), World War II information filmlets, day titles, announcements and anything old and quirky. I get as much pleasure running the show (with changeovers) as watching the films. For those interested in vintage projectors, my machines are:
• Western Electric Universal Base sound reproducer (installed April 1930) with a Kalee 12 mech (c. 1941) and a Monarc lamp (c. 1939) converted to halogen.
• Ross GC1 mech, RCA 9031 soundhead and a Peerless Magnarc lamp converted to halogen (all installed in 1947).

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Vidar Olavesen, David Alligan, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Kevin Wheelan  
Kevin Wheelan
Date registered 05.13.2017
ThankYou 1

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 pm

I doubt anyone here is bored to hear your story :-) Thanks for sharing

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#6 by Michael Lattavo , Mon May 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Great-looking machines Kevin!

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#7 by Tom Photiou , Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 pm

im gonna need a bigger film room.
if i was to have those juicy looking machines. They good great.
its good to see a new member actually post. Thanks for that.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 05.22.2017 | Top

#8 by Eivind Mork , Tue May 23, 2017 10:10 am

That was some really nice machines! Good to see some new people posting! :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 05.23.2017 | Top

#9 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue May 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Welcome Kevin,great looking machines ,I remember operating a couple of Kalees back in the seventies brings back memories of carbon arcs and changeovers every twenty minutes or so.
The art of reel projection long gone although I do occasionally get to show 35mm on long play as still working.
Hope you enjoy the banter.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
HELP, what would you do here?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor