70mm film festival in Oslo

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 am

Would love to get to see these. 70mm Welcome to the twelfth edition of the 70mm film festival in Oslo. The program is a mix of vintage original prints, blow-ups and restored classics. The festival will run August 25th - September 3rd 2017.

Vidar Will you be going?

I still love the smell of film in the morning

Vidar Olavesen likes this

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: 70mm film festival in Oslo

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:18 pm

I might, though I did see the films on 70mm last they were shown. I am also dependent on someone driving, as my eyesight is so poor I had to give up my drivers license.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Program (in Norwegian)
http://www.cinemateket.no/70mm

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 pm

That is very saddening to hear Vidar, that you have been forced to surrender your driving license while still relatively very very young yet.
I do hope your good lady or other members of your family provide you still with a good level of mobility.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 pm | Top

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:09 pm

I have a friend who also likes the meetings, so usually get to these (not missed one since I joined) ... but these films I am not sure

Thanks for your empathy, eyesight is a bitch to lose. I am closing in on not being able to see film well enough. Considering moving the screen a bit closer, but means projectors need more distance too. I consider dropping a lot of films, as space is a huge problem too. But the damn collector in me is like a two year old and screams They are mine, mine, mine

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Vidar, if it all brings you pleasure, no matter how small you are forced to view them all, then its worth it to you!

I've moved all of mine out of the house now, it's costly to do so, but to me it is worth it as I love the films I have, watch most very very frequently and I intend only purchasing more quite infrequently from here on overall.
It's more important to me now, to enjoy the tidy organized library that it has now become rather than using the money to keep adding more and more.
I will add, but only for the the titles I really really want.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Yes, for now it won't be Highlander, Robin Hood, Alien, Ghostbusters, Flash Gordon and those kind of films, I do have a lot of not so interesting (like French movies, I like to understand what is being said, as text is more difficult to read now)

I see what I can do, will continue to enjoy my L&H's and blockbuster 80's for as long as my eyes permit

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Wanted: arc lamp control box
35mm martial arts and other movies for sale

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor