Ian

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:50 am

Talk of Ian coming out of retirement over on the other forum as I'm sure many will know.
Has anyone actually spoken with him yet about this to see if there is truth in it?
Apparently a list may coming soon if its all true!😊😊

I and many others I'm betting, very much look forward to it if there is one coming soon.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:06 pm | Top

RE: Ian

#2 by Eivind Mork , Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:09 am

Great to get more dealers! He retired before I was aware of him, but I have heard his name mentioned many times.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:19 am

He put out some amazing titles on both gauges, typically at very very reasonable prices. He is a great guy to deal with.

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:03 pm

No one spoken with him then lately?

Andy Wood likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:48 am

I guess not then??

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:56 am

The last I heard about Ian was when I asked about where he was at the last BFCC, and I was told that he didn't have enough stock to turn up and trade, perhaps he's picked up some more films. This 8mm film business is addictive (I ought to know!), as well as some of the colourful people associated with it, I love it, and I bet Ian has the same feelings, and he's been in it longer than I have (I think, anyway!).

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Vidar Olavesen
Barry Attwood

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 pm

If you believe Osi, it's him that's actually spoken to Ian and he reckons Ian is soon to be putting a list out again, but as you say Barry, last I'd ever heard was that he didn't have enough of the good stuff to justify one. Which was also a reason why he wasn't present at the last BFCC I have been led to believe.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:38 pm | Top

#8 by Tom Photiou , Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 am

I see a few features popping up which are sold in minuites, this is ok if you live and breathe on the internet, , i thought there was going to be a list

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 am

I don't think you need fear Tom. There may very well be a list or even lists in the future! 😂😂😏

I am sure given the amount of time I will be spending in work during the month of March, there will be plenty I could kick myself for missing!😂😂

The good news is simply that Ian is most certainly back in business!!😊😊😊

I also believe as and when he may put out a list or even lists, they will still only be posted on the forums electronically to gain the highest audience.
I think also, viewers will still then have to be very fast to secure popular titles.

What I've noticed so far from Ian since he has posted one or two, is his prices have remained very reasonable by comparison to other sources of top titled prints on Super 8mm and particularly versus what you can expect to see from private sales on e bay.

When it was spoken about some time ago now for the argument of seeing top titles at realistic prices again, somewhat similar to the old Derann list prices if you factor in inflation, then maybe that day has finally arrived.

When Ian used to sell on e bay, titles such as Platoon, Highlander etc etc used to sell for enormous amounts and often were ended early if someone was willing to pay a kings ransom for a particular title.

Compared to those days, this now appears an absolute winner for everyone involved in any subsequent purchases from Ian. 16mm or Super 8mm.

I'd go so far as to say, maybe well worth spending even more time just randomly checking those tablets and phones while out and about these coming months, for those who both wish to find something they're seeking and those who struggle to spend time online at an actual pc through work commitments and the likes.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Eivind Mork
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:57 am | Top

#10 by Eivind Mork , Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Are the lists sent on mail? Or are they placed somewhere else? It is very nice if we get another dealer around! I just have to find out where to look for it :-) Thanks for keeping us updated!

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Ian generally posts only on Film-Tech forum, but I will try to persuade him to join us all here also when I next speak with him.

Eivind Mork sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#12 by Eivind Mork , Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Great! Thanks!

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:52 pm

The only issue Ian may have with this, as is often seen by others selling goods in these places, is that if you post two identical posts or more on the forums, it can become a contentious point surrounding the issue of who expressed an interest first and therefore who should be entitled to buy the item.

Not everyone by any means is a member of ALL or even both of these two forums. As a result, it can cause confusion to anyone who isn't and in some cases witnessed, sometimes even resentment.

I would wholeheartedly recommend that all of our interested and possibly active members here, also ensure they are registered over at film-tech even if you don't ever post anything there for whatever reason.

Film-Tech has a somewhat childish (in my opinion) approach, where it is against forum policy to mention or promote any other film forum there.
I'd like to think we stand above all of that kind of nonsense here, given the now, very small active collecting community.

Ian is always available by mail or phone even if you only want to view the film tech forum for whatever might be being sold there.

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:56 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Woman In Red "Optical Feature"

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor