Jaws. 600ft Colour sound.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:59 pm

What can i say about this film that hasn't already been said> Purely a review of my print, like all cut downs there are too many scenes from this film that we all wish was in there, but at 600ft you aint going to please everyone. I think as far as 8mm is concerned we are lucky to have this. Many of these prints i have seen advertised have turned red or are very heavily fading/faded.
This is another of those films we havnt viewed in a few years now and i seriously thought this was to be the last before selling it on, I am guessing now that the lower ground room i have as a dedicated film room must have almost the right temperature all year round which is ideal for the films as again, we were pleasantly surprised to see very little or no change from the last viewing three years ago. Yes there is some fade but a lot of this film is shot in daylight so 80% of it seems to be fine with only slight fade on the darker scenes. I think we are good for this print for a few more years.
If a low fade comes up though i will grab it if the price isn't too scilly. The print is reasonably sharpe as most universal 8s were, and the sound is also pretty good. Only a very few light lines to the far right,(which i zoom out to put them on the black of the screens edge), these were present when we bought it God knows how many years ago. The images are not very good as always they dont seem to show the colours as good as they actually are. Note the images at the end of one of many "filmy bits" my Brother always use to bring back from his visits to Florida. Suffice to say i am saving up as we are all going out there next year. Universal here we come yayyyy.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Attached pictures:
IMG_0988.jpg  

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 11.16.2016 | Top

Jaws Scope Trailer 100ft colour
Jurassic Park - Digest Review

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1