Tom & Jerry The flying cat

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:55 pm

Just received this one today, i wouldn't normally bother with a review of a T&J cartoon but this one was advertised as a rare title, i dont recall seeing it before so i did the buy it now for 8.99 + p+p and am pleased to say its really funny, full length and an excellent copy all round with very vibrant colours. Not too sure who released this one, i am assuming its a Derann. Anyhow, here is the sequence with help from our mate Wiki,
Tom tries to capture a sleeping canary, but Jerry trips him up and the cage rolls into a tree, waking the canary up. As Tom chases Jerry, the canary helps Jerry by pulling a drying line, which tangles Tom. Tom then chases the canary with an axe, but misses and chops down a tree, which bounces off Tom's head to compress him. The canary motions for Jerry to join him in the birdhouse; Tom follows, but the canary gives him a 2,000 lb weight to send him plummeting. Jerry and the canary shake hands, but Tom uses a ladder to climb up again. The canary sets the ladder on fire to send Tom falling again. Tom uses a swing, but Jerry and the canary jump onto his hands. Tom then tries to pole vault to the birdhouse, but the canary uses a rollerskate to send Tom crashing into a nearby house, where he is hung up by a girdle. However, Tom then realises he can use the girdle to fly, much to his delight, and decides to use it to get on an equal playing field against Jerry and the canary.
After crashing into a mailbox, Tom learns to fly, jumping off a house roof and flying around the birdhouse, much to Jerry's shock. Jerry wakes up the canary, which refuses to believe Jerry, but is also shocked to see Tom flying. Tom flies after the canary, but they both hit a church bell. The canary and Jerry then turn the roof of the birdhouse upside down, causing Tom to fly into nails and fall into a pond. Jerry goes to leave the birdhouse, but Tom catches him. The canary unties Tom's wings and grabs Jerry, sending Tom falling through a tree. The canary carries Jerry away as Tom chases them in hot pursuit, but a train suddenly comes out of a train tunnel and slams Tom onto a grade crossing signal. Tom becomes awigwag for the train to allow it to pass through, where, on board, Jerry and the canary shake hands again.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Tom & Jerry The flying cat

#2 by Dave Alligan , Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:38 am

Hello Tom
It looks like a Derann box

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:57 am

an absolute bargain Tom!
Typically, these later Derann prints of the hard to find T&J titles fetch over £30 each when auctioned if they are flawless. Well played Tom!😊

I've Seen some sell for more than £50!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:18 pm | Top

#4 by Eivind Mork , Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:17 pm

I paid way more for my Derann print, Tom. So yes, a bargain! Just love my Derann print of Tom & Jeryy (an other episode).

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#5 by David Ollerearnshaw , Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:23 pm

One went for £60+ way out of my price range. Great cartoons. Love to watch them. Two arrived yesterday.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

Vidar Olavesen likes this

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#6 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Thank you all, yes i was surprised they havnt sold & im grabbing one more for 8.99 right now. Will report back soon.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Three on a couch 400ft Colour sound
Tom & Jerry, The night before Christmas, Film office print.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor