RE: How long have you been collecting?

#26 by Mats Abelli , Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:42 pm

No Eivind. This one was stored in an office nearby Filmhuset in Oslo. I believe that Inge still have one in his apartment.

Eivind Mork likes this

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#27 by Panayotis Carayannis , Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 pm

My dad bought me my first projector ,a Me-Opta Optilux and a few films in 1961 when I was 10. Buying the usual Laurel & Hardys and Chaplins and Abbott and Costellos occupied my interest for the next 10, or so,years. I began collecting in earnest in 1972 when Walton issued the first Tom and Jerrrys,in color and sound of course! I bought the first batch of eight,plus an Eumig 810 HQS with external speaker and a screen,and have never stopped since. Today I have nearly 4.000 titles, from trailers to features and serials. Despite this number,I do buy selectively,(believe me!), practically always knowing what I am buying. I also have about 15 projectors.The only thing I am still lacking is a cinemascope screen which I must install soon, so I won't have to hang bedsheets on the wall when I want to see my widescreen films!

The following members like this: David Ollerearnshaw, Mats Abelli, Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork
Panayotis Carayannis  
Panayotis Carayannis
Date registered 12.05.2015
ThankYou 48

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 am

It'd be nice to see some of those 4000 titles as a few screenshots here one day Panayotis.

A few of the machines you use wouldn't go a miss either.

15 projectors, I'd definitely be kicked out onto the streets! Ha ha

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Vidar Olavesen
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:24 am | Top

#29 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 pm

I picked up my first projector (Chinnon 7500) on my 18th Birthday (1978), as I had to be 18 to get the old Hire Purchase agreement (even then Dad had to sign as guarantor, ah...those were the days!), I then started to buy bits and pieces, but mostly for the first couple of years I hired films most week from Perry's Movies when they were in their Wimbledon shop, it took me over an hour by tube each way from where I lived in Tottenham. But this has served me well over the years, as I got to see some of the well known features, pretty soon after release, as Perry's used to add new releases pretty soon into their hire catalogue, which has served me well, as once I became a dealer, I still have a strong feeling of what a lot of those earlier releases should look and sound like. I've had a few projectors in my time, but one of the best was the Fujiscope SH 30, what a lovely machine, it was only mono, but has a swing out gate, a lovely fast lens, 1200' capacity, and optical playback, if you can find a good one, it is well worth forking out for one, unfortunately my one had speedboard troubles, and the speed was varying too much, so I passed it onto someone who thought he could sort it out, I wonder if he ever did!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork
Barry Attwood

#30 by Eivind Mork , Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:18 pm

I am glad you bought that projector in 1978, otherwise I would not have watched some films last night which I bought from you I guess :-) I will write about them later. That Derann short from my second last deal with you was fantastic! Glad to have you here in the forum!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#31 by Panayotis Carayannis , Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Andrew, I am not good at capturing screen shots. The few times I tried,they came out very blurry.But I will try!!

Panayotis Carayannis  
Panayotis Carayannis
ThankYou 48

#32 by Eivind Mork , Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Yes, please try! You don't need super quality screenshots for us to enjoy it! I'd love to see it!

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#33 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:36 pm

I still find it easiest, if you got a camera that do video, just film the screen for the parts you'd like to share, get the files onto the computer and use a free program called VLC
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

There you can see the film, step forward, backward until you find a decent looking still and take a screen capture (do not remember the key, but it's in the menus)

Good luck, hope you give it a go, we love to see

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#34 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:15 pm

I like it as you just let the camera do the work while our own viewing enjoyment of the screening remains unaffected.

Thanks for the kind reply Panayotis but if your digital camera does capture video as most do now, please do give it a go.
You must have many wonderful titles among your vast collection that would bring an enormous amount of pleasure to many collectors here.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:17 pm | Top

#35 by Michael Lattavo , Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:07 pm

I never thought of that method of a screenshot, that's brilliant! I tried to take some shots last night, and they all kept coming out blurry!

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#36 by Panayotis Carayannis , Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Andrew,David,Vidar,thanks for the advice! I'll give it another try

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork
Panayotis Carayannis  
Panayotis Carayannis
ThankYou 48

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team: