Top Cat. 400ft col sound Dibble Breaks the record

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 26, 2016 10:28 pm

I thought as the Halifax building society in the UK has now taken Top cat as there new advertising we should put on one of our two 400 ft colour sounds. These dont come up that often, released by columbia with absolutely top colour, image and sound quality. Like many of us i grew up watching these at 4.30pm after school days along with The Flintstones.
Unfortunately, like the Flintstones the Top Cat cartoons are without the title sequence, a pity really as these and the Flintstones opening tunes were a big part of them. I dont know how many Top Cats were released in the colour sound 400ft format but the two we have is enough for us. Both are in there original boxes and neither is suffering from any fade at all.
Here is the summary plot of this episode,
Dibble attempts to break the record for being the longest-serving police officer on the beat. If he wins, he goes on holiday... and leaves the gang free from him. With this in mind, Top Cat does everything he can to help Dibble win.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Top Cat. 400ft col sound Dibble Breaks the record

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu May 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Ha ha Love it!

And I thought I had something quite unique here with this one!
Still looking great arn t they Tom!
These Columbia prints really stand up well I've found and The Flintstones ones can look like they come off the shelf last week in some instances.
They're brilliant!!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Brilliant Tom, I grew up watching Top Cat, it was one of my favourites along with Scooby Doo and Hong Kong Phooey. I must look to see if I can find any especially some as nice as yours Tom.

Del Phillipson

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 pm

If you have any 50ft black sound leader, you can have "close friends get to call him TC" with these Tom dead dead easily!

Not quite the same as having the scenery to go with it but brilliant for reliving our rush home from primary school days! 😀😀

David Ollerearnshaw likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 26, 2016 11:07 pm

I like that idea Andy.
Yes the Flintstones do come up on ebay now again. We also have a few Scooby Doo's, all with great colour to. I do keep my out but we do have 5 400ft Flintstones which i think is enough now. I also have a full Flintstones episode on 16mm which has held its colour.

David Ollerearnshaw likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu May 26, 2016 11:49 pm

I have a 2x 800ft home made creation dedicated to all this Hanna Babera stuff. Must give it another watch soon. Love HKP also Del but not too fussed somehow for the Great Grape Ape.

Rosemary the telephone operator had superb pins even if her bespectacled face was somewhat dodgy! Ha ha.

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu May 26, 2016 11:50 pm | Top

#7 by David Ollerearnshaw , Fri May 27, 2016 9:27 am

Years ago I bought about 20 TV shows on 16mm from Thornhill, I ask and got The Flintstones episode Scouts Jamboree with Old MacDonald sung in many different languages. Great colour.

Wonder why Halifax are using TC or Boss Cat here in the UK due to a brand of cat food? He was a hustler type cat. Still it does fit a bank.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

Tommy. Both Iver 400ft Versions side by side reviews
Top Cat. Dibble Sings Again. 400ft Colour Sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor