Cries & Whispers (1972)

#1 by Deleted User , Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:10 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed re-seeing this one in the way it should be experienced......in GLORIOUS 35mm

This was truly a one-of-a-kind experience...this film - although raw and sometimes disturbing, is a masterpiece - it now ranks as perhaps Bergman's best in my eyes.

The ACMI in Melbourne did an Essential Bergman series earlier this year, and I 'happened to be in town' for a swap meet...

Ole

https://www.acmi.net.au/film/past-film-p...david-stratton/

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Last edited Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:11 pm | Top

RE: Cries & Whispers (1972)

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:26 pm

I must admit not my favourite of Directors, but it is great that our member can view his film in the best of formats, long may it continue,
go for it Ole, well done that man.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:32 pm

I am sad to agree. I have only seen Smultronstellet (Wild Strawberries) and found it a bit boring, really. I do want to see Det Sjuende Innseglet (The Seventh Seal) at least, before I say I don't like him.

I am more fan of one he inspired myself, Woody Allen. Especially the older ones, absolutely hilarious or gloomy (September, Another Woman and so on)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 am

Nothing like a bit of Existentialism on film to keep you interested. Brilliant films and I have shown many of them in the Cinema.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Freddy's Revenge

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor