RE: Is anyone out there selling 9.5mm prints ?

#26 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 am

When Warton Parfitt sent me some samples, the 1930s stock was fine, but he told me to be careful with the sound samples from the 1950s as they were very brittle.

Robert Crewdson

#27 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:44 am

Could it be due to freshness of cement? I agree David, cement splices of triacetate are tough, the film usually snaps before
the weld does, the only other theory my little noggin can come up with might be the EU and their policies on chemicals, you
know my theory on the rubbish the labs in Germany are trying to pass off as acetate, I reckon vital ingredients are missing, it is
yellow in colour and brittle? It might be the same with any recent purchases of cine cement? I don't want to get political, but the sooner we get the hell away from these clowns the better, that channel was there for a purpose, flood that bloody tunnel too.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#28 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Before I forget, Tony Reypert of BUCKINGHAM FILMS, has loads of 9.5 for sale, he has taken in various collections, I spoke
with him yesterday, so you collectors of this gauge are well catered for here, knowing Tony, they will not be expensive.
Give the man a ring on.......01908 315110....that elusive print is just a phone call away.
EMAIL ; Buckingham@filmservices.wanadoo.co.uk

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 pm | Top

9.5 projector for sale
WTB 35mm prints

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor