Above Us The Waves

#1 by Eivind Mork , Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:27 am

I got this one recently from Barry. It is a 4x400 Derann release. The cover is not original, but it has original art printed on it.

The movie is based on real events. The Derann catalog desribes it this way: Commander Frazer's plan to sink the monster German battleship, "Tirpitz", hiding safely in a Norwegian Fjord has failed due to bad weather. A second ambitious attempt is to be made using mini subs. An exciting war drama building in tension to the very end.

As I am a Norwegian, and as I have been fascinated by WWII history, I loved this film. The movie was released in 1955, and as many other movies in the post war era, it was based on real events. Tirpitz is a well know ship here in Norway as it was such a massive threat to the convoys. This attack happened in 1943 while Tirpitz was in the fjord Kaafjord. It put the battleship out of action for six months, but didn't sink it. As we follow several mini subs, it was a bit confusing knowing which was which as I followed the story, but the story is exciting even from the very start as they almost hit a sea mine.

The contrasts were good in this print, and the print was very good. A few lines at the right side, and occational marks at the same place, but all in all a very nice print. I will watch this again soon for sure!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Greg Perry

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Above Us The Waves

#2 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:17 am

This is one of my Brothers earliest features from around 40 years ago or more, it'l be one we view in the coming months as we havnt projected it since 2012.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Advert / trailer reel.
Over the Top optical feature

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor