Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Derann 200ft LPP

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Here is a very nice seasonal cartoon from Derann which is on low fade stock and the colours are outstanding. The image is very sharp and the sound is very good throughout.
This copy is in very good order with only one minor light line, for much of the reel the film unmarked.
It isn’t Tom & Jerry by a long way nor is it meant to be but it is a very nice classic seasonal film now added to our collection.
Thank you to Barry of Indi 8 for this one.

Production notes from wiki,
This 8-minute animated interpretation of the Christmas poem preceded Gene Autry's 1949 song "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the later more famous animated 1964 version by Rankin/Bass. It was based on Robert L. May's 1939 story, rather than the song. The 1964 special more closely resembles the song rather than the original story.
The short was created to advertise Montgomery Ward department stores, publisher of the original story. The original release included a credit for the company, and lacked the famous song, with the opening credits instead playing over an instrumental version of "Silent Night, Holy Night". A 1951 re-release added a choral version of the song to the credits and removed the Montgomery Ward name.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 11.09.2022 | Top

RE: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Derann 20ft LPP

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:01 pm

Excellent Christmas short Tom,great colour. I think it’s nice to have a few seasonal films which in my case only get shown at Christmas .That way the film feels fresh even though I’ve seen them over and over.
Very nice find.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:12 pm

There was a copy on fleabay recently which caught my eye with a buy it now but it stated that parts of the sound stripe can be seen so it was a no for me, then this one came up on Barry's list.
I know you can zoom it out but if it's there, it's been striped wrong so it's a fault.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 11.09.2022 | Top

#4 by Eivind Mork , Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:51 am

Added it as a review on S8D :-)

Greg Perry likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Bad Luck Blackie 200ft Derann Release LPP
Once upon a Wintertime. 200ft colour sound (Derann release)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor