Derann Ad reel 9

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:50 pm

Derann Ad reel 9, 200ft colour sound, (as always).
This was the first ad reel i bought all those years ago from a second hand list for 6.99!
This reel opens with the Rank screen advertising opening, one i recall many times over here in the Drake cinema in Plymouth. This is followed by the ad for Heineken, the Christmas one and one of my favourite's with Dean Martins singing 12 days of Christmas before a shotgun blows him out the sky but is saved once the birds breaks the can and takes a sip.
Next is the original shrink to fit 501 jeans, Brook bond D tea, Holsten Pils lager with the High Noon spoof, Southern comfort, Weetabix, John Smiths larger, (these were always good fun ads), Aero chocolate bar, think bubbles, McCain oven chips, HP sauce, animated seaside postcard humour with Frankie Howards voice this one perfectly. This reel ends with Walkers Crisps and the Rank advertising close.
Again. excellent sharp print, very good sound and colour is fine.

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Derann Ad reel 9

#2 by Stuart Reid , Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:46 pm

Ah Tom that Rank Film opener takes me right back to the Drake. I can smell the hot dogs from here. Crying shame it was demolished. Funnily enough my copy of this reel is missing the bloody RSA opening and closing, bit annoying.

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

Last edited 09.07.2022 | Top

RE: Derann Ad reel 9

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:02 pm

I can never understand why people keep bits and pieces from these reels, if the missing parts are mentioned upon the sale or listing then at least you know.
My ad reel 18 is an odd one, a third the way through it has a Pearl and Dean opening logo. The reel itself opens with the odeon intermission with that music we all know so well. This one is spliced at the start so i dont know what the correct running order of 18 is. It is however a very full 200ft reel and from what i have read, the ads that are meant to be on the reel are all in there.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Derann Ad reel 9
Die Hard 2 4 x 600ft scope stereo

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor