Fistful of Dollars, Living picture show, Highlander, Indi Jones & the Temple of doom Trls

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 pm

Just a quick couple of shorts and trailers tonight,
Highlander Trailer,
Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom Trailer
The Living picture show, 100 years of Cinema
Finally, two of my Four 200ft colour sound excerpts from A fistful of Dollars, very good non faded colour, Italian sound.

All very good colour and sound. The Living picture show is around 50ft, its almost like a short version of Reflections, 100 years of UK cinema with many clips the same and also the music, it has a voice over and some additional short sequences, one shown here and a title of the forthcoming presentation, also shown here. A very good fast paced short, and perfect for starting any show.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Fistful of Dollars, Living picture show, Highlander, Indi Jones & the Temple of doom Trls

#2 by Don Cunningham , Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:31 pm

They look good. I love some some Spaghetti Westerns.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

RE: Fistful of Dollars, Living picture show, Highlander, Indi Jones & the Temple of doom Trls

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:29 pm

A fisful of dollars is one i would love to get as a feature, or one of the other big spaggetti westerns, few dollars more, once upon a time or the good the bad and the ugly. All top titles for me. Sadly so many have faded but they are out there with good colours.

David Ollerearnshaw likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#4 by Mark Mander , Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:50 pm

Nice trailers and extracts there Tom.

Hopefully a feature mentioned will pop up at a reasonable price etc, they are definitely about with nice colour, I've had nice colour prints of Good The Bad and Fistful of Dollars but sold them a few years ago, Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#5 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:16 pm

Nice couple of trailers there Tom,always liked Highlander,with its great soundtrack.
Who doesn’t like the spaghetti western’s.
Very nice.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#6 by Barry Attwood , Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:13 am

Whenever I see the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns (mainly shot in Spain!) I often wonder why Derann never tried to get them on 8mm when they firstly had their United Artists deal and later the combined M.G.M./UA deal, it may be that they only had the 35mm distribution rights and not the 8mm rights, but it's always puzzled me that Derann did not bring one of these classics to the home market, especially in scope!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

#7 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:37 am

We were always surprised that none of the big three ever appeared on 8mm as a feature, or at least a mini feature, they have to be among some of the most popular titles in the movie world. Thankfully, in the 70s, Miko-Studio released a few extracts from fistful of dollars.
Until Hugh Scott told me about these i had no idea they ever existed. i cant ever recall seeing any of them on second hand lists. Hugh had all five edited together in the correct order and he also re recorded them into English using a good old tape recorder.
When i was sent these extracts i thought i would give it a go at re recording, but until now i have chickened out, but on the plus side, this is of course how it was made. Seeing Clint speaking with an Italians voice over is quite amusing, but Ennio Morricone's score is a big part of these movies. Maybe one day i will take the plunge and add an English track, or even better, find a 16mm feature
There was the classic scope trailer reel, (scope reel one), which we also bought from Barry which included a scope trailer to this film. When it was reviewed upon its release, it was criticised a bit because of the condition of the original material, it was a little worn and had one or two small jumps and it was suggested that it was not really good enough to have been included on the reel for sale. As fussy as i am with films, i disagree with that review, aside a little wear at the very start, (like many other trailers have from older films), and one very small jump it is actually a very good trailer and looks great in scope.

Gwyn, the highlander trailer is a bit of an odd one, its good but two thirds of the trailer is one long sequence in the car park, then the camera pans up and then we go into a few short burst's from the other time. Sean Connery is nowhere to be seen in this particular trailer.
For those interested, this is the super 8 trailer,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFB-bqD1...nematicTrailers

and this is the 8mm trailer to Indi jones and the temple of doom. Short, but good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsWgHNx...ClassicTrailers

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 06.10.2022 | Top

Old trailer reel
A new Super 8 fan....

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor