Elvis night

#1 by Mark Mander , Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 am

To celebrate what would have been Elvis' 87th birthday we sat and watched the following films, unfortunately the phone battery had died so I didn't take pictures.

Trailers to That's the Way it Is,Follow that Dream, Frankie and Johnny, G I Blues and King Creole all stereo

200ft of Elvis on the Dorsey Brothers, 200ft Elvis Wedding and 1973 press conference.

400ft Blue Hawaii and Roustabout 400ft

1200ft reel of the 68 TV Special, rerecord in stereo, enjoyed them all and never tire of watching them, after all it was the 400ft Fun in Acapulco that got me into cine in the first place, Mark

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Greg Perry, Tom Photiou, Don Cunningham and Del Phillipson
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

RE: Elvis night

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:26 pm

A great way to celebrate the Kings Birthday.

We watched a good documentary on telly last night, i'd not seen it before, (from 2017), it covered his years in Las Vegas, as well as a bit before and a bit after those years up until his death.
Mr Parker didn't like Steve Binder, yet the guy resurrected his career in a huge way, after they were finished on the 68 comeback show Steve Binder said he never heard from him again.

I do have the 68 concert on a 1200 and while the quality is fine, i bet yours sounds fantastic rerecorded in stereo. You have some very good Elvis items on 8mm.

The following members like this: Mark Mander, Greg Perry and Del Phillipson
Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Mark Mander , Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:40 pm

Anyone who could influence Elvis was soon put a stop to by the colonel, its a great shame as I think certain things offered would have prolonged his life such as A Star is Born in 1976, would have been a great film role but money and who got tip billing were an issue, after the 1973 satellite concert Elvis health took a massive decline, such a shame he concentrated on just doing concerts, no one could keep that workload up and that resulted in his early death.

The films are no Oscar winners but they are fun, glad I have them in my collection, its nice to run a few bits to celebrate his life and most importantly remember the music, after all that's what he was about, Mark

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Greg Perry and Del Phillipson
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#4 by Greg Perry , Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:57 am

Mark,

Between 16mm and Super 8, do you now have all of the Elvis titles which you are seeking? I think you mentioned you received one up at Blackpool recently. Curious, if you collect every Elvis title, or just the ones which you like best...

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by Mark Mander , Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:14 pm

I'm always looking for upgrades Greg when it comes to films, so better features are always on the agenda, yes I picked up another copy of an Elvis film which was much much better than the copy I had, I have 33 Elvis feature films , the only one I'd really like is a nice colour print of Loving You as my copy is black and white, one might pop up one day, Mark

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Don Cunningham
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

Steam Locomotives
The Old Mill

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor