The Warriors, Trailer/ Preview Time, 400ft spool Trls/Music/ads

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:33 pm

Just a couple of really good trailers, ads and music promos.
The trailer to the warriors is a real good one, action packed as you would expect but at the end, it doesn’t state “coming from Paramount pictures”, instead the logo is “available from Paramount pictures”. From this, I assume it would have been sent out or spliced onto a feature film as an advert for the hire of the film? This trailer is on Agfa stock and has great unfaded colours and excellent sound, it also a very atmospheric trailer as the music used is not what is in the movie, it more like the music from a thriller or horror film, and what a difference that makes. Despite the images, the trailer is pin sharp.
For those interested, this is the a trailer here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gdB-nn...HDRetroTrailers

The second item viewed is a 400ft spool containing a preview time opening animated logo and a great mixture of trailers, music video promos and adverts. The contents are as follows,
Full length trailers to,
Lost in Space,
Dirty Work,
Short Music video promo for the Group, Tonic,
Trailer to Wild Things, (Denise Richards, Kevin Bacon)
Short advert for 1-800 collect
Trailer to Armageddon,
Advert for the Plymouth Neon, (well named car)
Short music promo for “Fretblanket”.
Everything on the reel has excellent image, colour and sound. Its a good thro back to when i use to go pictures in the 80s, these reels are what use to be shown along with a supporting film. Great stuff.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Mark Mander, Greg Perry and Paul Browning

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 01.02.2022 | Top

RE: The Warriors, Trailer/ Preview Time, 400ft spool Trls/Music/ads

#2 by Barry Attwood , Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:35 am

Tom,

Your "Warriors" trailer would be a very early cut, usually made while the film was still being put together, just to get the atmosphere of the movie out into the world, I've had this a few times where they put a temp score over a trailer (I believe your "Ghostbusters" trailer is like that too!), I've had an early "Star Wars" cut with none of the famous John Williams score anywhere on the trailer, it's amazing what's out there though!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:42 pm

Good point Barry, thanks for the info

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#4 by Greg Perry , Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:42 am

Tom,

I have a few 16mm trailers that were put out by the studios BEFORE the MPAA rating card was assigned, and as a result they are slightly different than the trailer that was eventually official. These were sent to the theaters to drum up support and booking interest around the upcoming release of the film.

Interesting that Warriors has different music in the trailer than the soundtrack of the released film...a great looking set of trailers there!

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm

There are also a few trailers with little bits in them that dont appear in the released feature.
I think i read one of the items on Jurassic Park and it was mentioned that there are two snippets in the 600ft that are not in the released theatrical print. I've looked very hard but i couldn't spot them. Perhaps someone could point them out?
I have noticed on the Derann trailer of Who framed Roger Rabbit, the short piece where the guy looks in the mirror and shouts, aaahhh, im a pig appears to be missing from the UK DVD feature film.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Superman the movie
Varsity Blues

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor