The Little Mermaid/Mickeys Christmas Carol Trailer reel

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:32 pm

This is a trailer reel i have been on the lookout for a while mainly for the Mickeys Christmas carol.
The Little Mermaid is the longer of the two with Mickeys being longer than a teaser but not quite a full length trailer. Never the less, this is a very good reel with very vibrant colours on low fade stock. Sound is very good and the image is pin sharp. Released by Derann Film services some years ago and supplied on 200ft spool. I will be keeping this as original rather than separate the trailers. It still sets up a Christmas film show perfectly.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Paul Browning, Del Phillipson and Mark Mander

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 11.26.2021 | Top

RE: The Little Mermaid/Mickeys Christmas Carol Trailer reel

#2 by Barry Attwood , Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:55 am

I heard that Derek Simmonds got his knuckles wrapped by Disney over this release, but did it really bother him, NAW! Once they found out about it he'd already sold numerous copies, I wonder if they ever found out about "The Little Mermaid singalog" reel he did!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

RE: The Little Mermaid/Mickeys Christmas Carol Trailer reel

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:08 pm

I didnt know that Barry. The singalong is another i have and the quality is first class, the sound is well above average too. I wonder if these two were to componsate for the generaly poor quality of the feature. Its one i looked out for until other collectors warned me than most of the prints they knew of had a slightly soft image. Very unusual for a Disney title.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 11.29.2021 | Top

The Last Valley, 5 x 400ft ABC pictures. (mounted on 2 x 800ft)
The Longest Day, 400ft,b/w, sound.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor