Fright 4 x 400ft walton colour sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:06 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

The only reason i put this up here is i thought it follows quite well after Martins Jurassic Park trailer with sound fault.

I had a copy of this many years ago and made the mistake of selling it. The film was in mint condition with no flaws at all. Roll on a few decades later and this print came up for sale, i snapped it up before finding out that it has a sound fault. That sound fault turned out to be more of a problem than i thought. It all starts fine but then during the titles the sound dissapears, thought the film the sound appears and reappears, reel one in particular only has 5% of the sound.
The problem appears to be as Paul mentioned, the sound stripe has vanished so it need to be completely restriped and re-recorded. A job much bigger than what i want to try.

I have listed it on ebay as a sound faulted print and explained that much of the stripe has gone here,

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133894170326

Such a shame as the print isn't too bad, colours are good, but this, along with a few other recent buys at high cost is really making me lose faith in buying any more super 8s, 16 is the way forward now, unless i buy from collectors. The hassle i have gone through to get a result is becoming a pain in the rear.

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Fright 4 x 400ft walton colour sound

#2 by Tim Duncan , Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 pm

That's a shame about the sound stripe Tom. Maybe someone can restore it.

Tim Duncan
Date registered 05.21.2018
ThankYou 39

Last edited 10.09.2021 | Top

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:04 am

I did think about having a go at making this one my first attempt at a re record until i realised the problem was with the sound stripe missing in large sections. To send it away to Italy to have it restriped then all the fuss to re record just isn't my game unfortunately, but i know there are many people out there who can do both so it could be a good experiment for them. Hopefully i will find another copy one day. Until then the shinny disc will have to do. As a footnote, its surprising how many little cuts there are on this 4 x 400 version.

Tim Duncan likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#4 by Stuart Reid , Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:04 pm

Hey Tom. I know what you mean about it being a fuss to send to Italy, but I've just done that. In my case though it's a beautiful copy of Beauty And The Beast, but with reel 1 having the stripe peeling off. Now bearing in mind I paid under £200 for the print, and it will cost around another £120 to have all 3 reels stripped then restriped I still think it's worth it for a print like that. (I'm having all three reels done as I want the stripe to match between them). I'm also lucky enough to live down the road from Stu Hilliker who is a master of re-recording. I watched one reel of Hunchback that he'd redone and there were parts where you'd swear it was a digital replay.

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#5 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:09 pm

That is definatly a title worth doing Stuart. Does Mr Hilliker do re records as a paid service do you know?
The chances are your copy will sound much better than the standard record, but i will add, the original record was very good. We do have a copy but touch wood, it is very good sound wise. Our last viewing was the first time we heard it in proper stereo via the Bauer

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

New Films at Super8warehouse
New Films at Super8warehouse

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor