How's your gate sprung ?

#1 by Paul Browning , Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:51 am

Well i had a chance to screen twins of evil from Derann last night, but it was on two different reel sizes, and the bigger one would not fit on the bauer t610, so the beaulieu 708 it is. I had the bauer already setup so i watched the smaller reel first, the last reel of the feature, but from the outset this would not focus correctly and nothing i could do would correct this, so i put this down to the stripes, both on, but obviously not very flat, focus was out side to side, but the sound was ok. I then switched to the beaulieu for the larger reel, same film but what a difference "a design makes", ran just as well but no problem this time with the focus, slightly better sound i would say. This is the first time i have seen the rear sprung gate design in operation, and i can say it worked very well in this case, we read the info from the brochures of how one is more superior to the other, well it is this case its beaulieu 1 bauer 0........

Mark Mander likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

RE: How's your gate sprung ?

#2 by Mark Mander , Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:45 pm

I've had focus issues with the Bauers Paul , at first I thought it was the lens but swapped it and still the same, indeed it was the gate springs, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Need help form our US forum members please
Bauer t610

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor