Waterloo, Scope

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Last night we viewed our scope print of Waterloo, this print has now has its pre title sequence restored to full glory, an Agfa print in good condition.
For screenshots, please see the review here,

Waterloo Scope Feature

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Gwyn Morgan and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Waterloo, Scope

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:10 pm

Tom,I have just looked at the original post,and for some reason I did not respond to it but it is an excellent print.With the new footage it completes the movie,and we know what a difference that makes!!
Looks so much better on a big screen, especially the battle scenes.The whole scale of the film is brought to life ,most excellent.👍👍

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanks Gwyn, before i bought this for my Brother i have to admit to have only ever seems bits and pieces of it on TV when flipping channels.
This is a print that, like Dances with Wolves, i have projected four times in just a few years. Originally i bought a cheaper flat version with some fade, then a few months after this scope print came up so i grabbed it. I believe this one bay be slightly edited for TV time, however, the pre title sequence is three minutes longer than the previous.
The reason for the extra part being made was because the original section was actually faded and full of splices, then, suddenly it spliced into the reat of the film which is all Agfa low fade.
Now the new section (and the titles,) more or less complete this excellent, all action film.

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#4 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:33 pm

Watched this recently for the first time on TV.

Tom Photiou likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:28 pm

Robert, you'll have a good idea what it looks like in scope now, it really does make a huge difference.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 07.03.2021 | Top

Minions: Lawn Mowers
Buster Keaton...The Railrodder (1965)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor