That Eumig claw pin

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri May 28, 2021 10:15 pm

Having recently bought two Eumig projectors, the super 8 only model 820 and very recently the 810DLUX, i want to see if anyone on here can help with any spares.

The 810DLUX i bought as it was advertised as a spares/repair machine for just 39.99. From what the advert stated, this particular one has only had one owner from new, it came in the original box and, it is a very very clean machine. The advert stated it worked in 18fps but not 24fps, and didn't rewind.
My thoughts immediately turned to the cleaning of the rubber discs and perhaps a general re-lube. While this does appear to be the case, i also noted that the seller stated, "selling because i dont know anything about this projector so i cannot repair it". The seller wasn't not the original owner, i am guessing a company has got hold of it, looked at it, pulled out the gate and broke off the claw pin, clearly showing they indeed, had no idea what they were doing. Why the hell people do not read instructions and follow the simple instruction's of put the white dot to the top!!!
Without being able to get hold of the pin, or preferably, a new claw arm with pin the machine will be rendered useless. It will be a good play toy to try and fix up but without the necessary spare that will be difficult. Having said that, the price was well worth it for the suprogen 1:2 lens on its own which, if i cannot fix the machine, the lens will slot straight into the 820.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: That Eumig claw pin

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Fri May 28, 2021 10:49 pm

Maybe John White could fix it.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri May 28, 2021 10:57 pm

I did send an email via his website email address but it bounced back, i will try his phone number on Tuesday after the bank holiday. Ideally i would like to try and get the spare part if possible otherwise you end up paying out what a good working one would have been, that is if you can actually find a good working 800 series these days that starts at the speed its meant to.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Robert Crewdson , Sat May 29, 2021 7:39 am

I mentioned John as I looked around but coudn't find anyone selling that spare part, which is bad for all us Eumig owners. Is there anyone apart from John White still repairing 8mm projectors?

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#5 by Robert Crewdson , Sat May 29, 2021 7:42 am

This one says the undertake to repair cine projectors; doesn't sound that hopeful? http://www.camerarepairer.co.uk/ProjectorRepair.htm

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#6 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 29, 2021 2:25 pm

I have been able to order a claw arm with pin assy, this will now be a little project to see what i can do, if i mess it up, (which is what i'm good at ) then i do at least have an excellent suprogen F1:2 lens to use in my 820 sonomatic. This machine was worth the dosh for the lens on its own. While i am not a big Eumig fan, they are good duel gauge's s which does come in handy for our few standard 8s. They are also, very kind to film. Such as shame Eumig never changed that crappy clutch and disc set up, or improve the way you had to ensure the white dot is at the top before pulling out the gate and pressure pad and breaking off the pin, as someone has clearly done with this one. It will all take a while but i will try and add some images as i go, and any help at all will always be welcome to tell if i am doing something i shouldn't be.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 05.29.2021 | Top

#7 by Robert Crewdson , Sat May 29, 2021 4:17 pm

You were lucky to find a pin. I hope you can fix it, but as you say, the lens alone was worth the price of the projector.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#8 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Il have a good Roberrt. I'll my time and make sure i take a lot of pictures.
Maurice has kindly found a place that has the service manual so hopefully that may help me.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Mistakes in films

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor